Part-Time (Adjunct) Audio Recording Technology Program Instructor - FY 2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionPlease Note:
This job announcement is not an offer of employment. This requisition has been established to collect a robust candidate pool for part-time positions that may become available within the designated discipline at CSN. If a part-time position becomes available within the discipline, the hiring department will review the application material of the candidates who have applied and will invite select candidates to interview based on their qualifications. Should a candidate be selected for a part-time instructor position, no minimum course load is guaranteed and teaching assignments, if any, are contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, minimum student enrollment and/or department need. No reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided to local or out of area/out of state candidates and there is no guarantee of continued or future part-time and/or full-time employment.Core Responsibilities:
Instructor will teach courses in the field of audio recording technology, involving combinations of hardware and software. Some Courses emphasis Avid Pro Tools software exclusively, others also involve the use of computer audio hardware along with stressing analog hardware (such as microphones, mixboards, patchbays, signal processors and so on). Our Courses that use hardware do use computers as the recording media. We are looking for Instructors that can cover either one (or both) of these areas of Courses.
Teaching includes, but not necessarily limited to the following:
Applications will be considered on an as-needed basis determined by course availability.This position will be paid $925.00 per lecture credit hour. Credits will vary by semester.Required Qualifications
- Teaching assignments will be courses that prepare students for certification in areas of emphasis such as Avid Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Microphones, Mixboards, Signal Processing and other hardware and software.
- Assigned courses, days, times and/or locations may vary from semester to semester.
- Assignments may be any combination of classroom and online modes.
- Assignments will be located at the CSN NLV Campus.
- Assignments may be any combination of morning, afternoon and evening hours.
- Assignments may be any combination of any days of the week including Saturday.
- Assignments may be any combination of courses for which instructor is qualified.
- Audio technology certification or degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or professional industry experience.
Apple McIntosh computer proficient.
- At least five years experience in real-world settings using Avid Pro Tools and audio hardware involving signal routing.
Reasonably comprehensive knowledge of musical terminology, and professional experience in audio/music production.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number, <INSERT REQ NUMBER> in the search box.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Part-Time--Adjunct--Audio-Recording-Technology-Program-Instructor---FY-2022_R0127863
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency