University of Idaho
Research Assistant Professor
College of Art & Architecture
$59,685.60 - $63,414 annually
The University of Idaho College of Art and Architecture in Boise is seeking researchers who are enthusiastic about high performance buildings, are technically savvy, love working with students, have a strong desire to work collaboratively, and are determined to make a difference in the world. Appointment to begin August 15, 2021.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will support the professional/technical outreach activities of the Integrated Design Lab (IDL). The selected faculty will direct daily IDL activities, manage multiple concurrent projects, and conduct research. Further, successful candidates will possess the necessary technical skills to aid with associated architectural and engineering professional design teams. They will help design professionals to facilitate the integration of climate responsive daylighting, electric lighting, and mechanical systems in new construction projects across the Pacific Northwest. A successful candidate will be able to work with autonomy and be skilled in independent problem-solving. The selected faculty will be expected to publish work in peer-reviewed academic journals, and secure funding for new avenues of research.
Successful candidates will also show a desire and expertise to teach in one or more of the following areas: graduate students in architecture and engineering through mentoring in the lab, graduate and undergraduate students in architecture and engineering via university level coursework, project based outreach education in cooperation with IDL faculty and staff, public lectures and events, and energy efficiency education and trainings to architects and engineers through a national educational program.
All candidates should demonstrate excellent verbal and written, communication skills (strong graphic communication skills are a plus).
• Education: Master’s degree in a field related to the work at IDL (environmental science, sustainable development, civil engineering or related fields), plus 4 or more years of experience in a research discipline or closely related field.
• Experience: writing reports or materials; compiling and analyzing data and drawing conclusions; using software or spreadsheet software to perform analysis; interpreting and communicating (orally and in writing) material to a diverse target audience. Working knowledge of: research methods, energy codes, data management, and energy modeling.
(Note: Position may require a valid driver’s license, an ability to operate a vehicle, and/or a capacity to conduct field research)
• Terminal degree in a field related to building sciences.
• Experience in a Lab consistent with Building Science programs at Universities with Master of Architecture programs.
• Demonstrated ability to secure external grants and contracts.
• Experience with originating, developing, directing research programs.
• Ability to establish collaborative and cooperative scientific relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance in any of the following: climate, loads, daylight, electric light, and HVAC systems analysis.
• Experience with the integrated building analysis across categories: climate, loads, occupancy patterns and systems.
• Database development and use.
• Use of data logging and data acquisition systems.
• Ability to conduct comparative analysis of building design alternatives.
• Experience in a professional architectural or engineering office.
• Fabrication skills in metal and wood.
• Competency with High Dynamic Range Digital Photography.
• High level competency with open-source software such as DOE2, EnergyPlus, Open Studio, etc.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency