REGISTRAR SPECIALIST, School of Dental Medicine, Office of the Dean Tracking Code8329 Job Description
The Office of the Registrar at the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (SDM) is a high volume, high functioning office which manages student registration, maintains student academic records, records grades, and updates the academic bulletin. The Office of the Registrar provides services to a variety of populations within the School including current students, alumni, faculty, and academic and administrative departments. The main responsibility of the Registrar Specialist is to manage academic records for students enrolled in our two pre-doctoral Doctor of Dental Medicine programs.
The Registrar Specialist:
- Manages all stages of course registration and grade entry in the pre-doctoral transcript database. Communicates with the faculty, Office of Academic Affairs, and Promotions Committee regarding any issues with students academic progress or discrepancies with any grades or academic records.
- Processes approved changes to graduation dates, adds additional semesters to the students records, and updates registrations and coding for students as necessary.
- Receives and processes student requests, including transcript requests and all requests related to enrollment or academic status, and degree completion or graduation verification for current and former students of both pre- and post-doctoral programs.
- Compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports required for the American Dental Association (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and Dental Admissions Test (DAT) Validity surveys annually.
- Tracks supplies, processes requests, and liaises with vendors and University Accounts Payable. Manages all Purchasing Card payments and reconciliations for the SDM Office of the Registrar.
- Represents SDM in monthly BUMC Student Services Committee meetings.
- Acts as main point of contact for the office, answering phone calls, responding to email inquiries in the offices general email account, and greeting walk-in guests in a welcoming and timely fashion.
- Assists with all other office tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-3 years administrative experience (direct experience in higher education preferred).
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students at all levels.
- Requires excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and possesses excellent decision-making abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience managing budget preferred
Resume and cover letter required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular