Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number :
CNS anticipates that this Postdoctoral/Sabbatical Fellow will focus on nuclear nonproliferation and arms control s they pertain to China. During their year in residence with CNS, the fellow will be expected to: 1) Publish a significant work in the field of nonproliferation and arms control. 2) Participate in the general research activities of the Center. 3) Present CNS seminars in their area of specialization. This is a term-limited, full-time, position. Duration of the position is between 9 to 15 months. The individual selected for the position is expected to begin work no later than July 1,2022. Applications received by January 15, 2022, will receive priority screening, but later applications will also be considered. It is anticipated that the individual selected for the position will work at either the CNS-DC or CNS Monterey office although remote work within the United States may be possible given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
• Conduct research projects on arms control and nonproliferation topics; prepare a substantial manuscript for publication. • Publish articles and op-eds on arms control and nonproliferation issues. • Give lectures on arms control and nonproliferation topics to CNS visiting fellows, interns, and others. • Assist with ongoing Center-wide projects.
• Present research results at conferences and workshops.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• Ph.D. must be in hand before arrival to receive a post-doctoral position. However, a pre-doctoral fellowship for advanced Ph.D. students will also be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The candidate should have a demonstrated subject matter expertise related to Chinese arms control and security issues. Reading proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is required.
•Excellent English writing and communication skills.
The candidate should have demonstrated policy or research experience related to Chinese arms control and security issues.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act. Position requires light to moderate physical effort and the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment. For more information:https://www.middlebury.edu/office/covid-19-updates/covid-19-vaccine-requirements
To apply, please visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/25597
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency