Director of Instructional Design and Content Strategy, Wharton Online, Executive Education
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Director of Instructional Design and Content Strategy, Wharton Online, Executive EducationJob Profile Title
Director DJob Description Summary
Reporting to the Managing Director of Online Learning, this role will lead the design and planning of online learning initiatives with the Wharton Online team and collaborating faculty at Wharton/Wharton Executive Education. The Director of Instructional Design & Content Strategy (IDCS) is responsible for the creation, and development of Wharton Online courses and program, which include courses and programs offered through Wharton Online and its platforms and third-party partners. The Director of Instructional Design & Content Strategy will lead and direct the planning, creation, design, and development of Wharton Online programming. Primarily, this role will be responsible for leading and managing the design of online and blended programs for Wharton Online.Job DescriptionDUTIES:
- Designing and developing of online professional development programs with faculty member(s) and staff. He/she will work with faculty to develop innovative, sophisticated and robust educational solutions, design curricula, and identify faculty to deliver program content that enhances and meets the learning objectives of participants and/or clients.
- Developing learning modules and curating content for online learner communities; content may be custom, existing, or from other Wharton sources.
- Collaborating with faculty members to design highly interactive virtual classroom sessions and webinars.
- Managing all logistics, communications, and client relations during design phase of program and prepare for hand off to implementation and delivery team.
- Assisting in the creation of post-program survey design to produce data on learner success and program objectives.
- Developing and fostering relationships with key stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, alumni and corporate partners to cultivate and lead content strategy and design in the Wharton Online space.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Location - City, State
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience in classroom, online, mobile learning technologies preferred. Experience in using Zoom, Webex, Canvas, Qualtrics, Coursera/edX and other learning management systems preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HTML required. Advanced knowledge is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of video editing software is preferred. Willingness to learn is required.
- High level of technical acumen required to explore and figure out new tools and technologies.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals in a customer facing situation required.
- Flexibility in scheduling working hours preferred because this position is expected to support virtual classroom sessions which may be scheduled early morning or late evenings.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$88,861.00 - $168,837.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/SCC-Aresty-InstExec-Ed/Director-of-Instructional-Design-and-Content-Strategy--Wharton-Online--Executive-Education_JR00032259
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency