Job location: Courtyard Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
4800 Preston Park Boulevard, Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This role requires a solid technical background combined with customer service experience to ensure high quality technical support and increase client satisfaction. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, supervise, and support help desk analysts, technicians, and student assistants. Train and motivate team by providing detailed documentation, checklists, and coaching as required.
- Monitor and update the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) ticketing program. Responsible for coordinating the use of the ITSM across all Technology Support and Technology Services departments.
- Manage the tracking of service requests to resolution. Ensure ITSM tickets are closed in a timely manner. Contribute to improving ticket support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints.
- Manage the building and maintenance of the database of work requests with documentation for future inquiries.
- Set specific customer service standards. Communicate and evaluate customer service standards through an ongoing training program and documentation. Contribute to best practices throughout the entire technical support process.
- Analyze, develop, and document clearly defined procedures. Provide expert information to meet the needs of the district's hardware/software operations.
- Oversee and manage the contracted vendor for the Student Help Desk, which includes updating of the vendor’s knowledge base, conducting monthly meetings with the account manager, and reviewing the monthly interactions.
- Function as the first point of escalation and resolution for hardware/software problems not resolved by the Help Desk staff. As appropriate, escalate the work request to a second or third level technician for Administrative Services, Network Support, Telecommunications, and local workstation issues.
- Oversee coordination with the campus technology managers for on-site technical support for emergency status calls when software and/or equipment failures occur. Notify end users and departments of any Information Technology system difficulties.
- Oversee coordination of technology support online resources with Technology Services and Support management.
- Oversee all facets of help desk operation. Assist with taking help desk calls, entering tickets, and troubleshooting problems over the phone and via email.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly analytical reports on help desk team productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate records on software, hardware, equipment utilization and problems.
- Maintain familiarity with and ensure compliance with district policies and procedures, including that copyright laws are not violated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of ITSM ticketing software
- Knowledge of reporting tools used in various ITSM ticketing solutions
- Knowledge of hardware compatibility issues
- Knowledge of network topology
- Advanced knowledge of college supported applications including the following Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, and other Microsoft core business applications
- Knowledge and experience with Office 365 platforms as well as other college communication tools
- Knowledge of college policy and guidelines for technology
- Knowledge of software licensing terminology and requirements
- Knowledge of Collin College Human Resource and Payroll policies and tools
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Documentation skills
- Proven customer service skills including effective communication skills, positive attitude, and adaptability to resolve problems, questions, conflicts, and suggestions creatively and diplomatically
- Communication and collaboration skills leveraging Office 365 tools and video conferencing
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely and productive manner
- Ability to learn, support and keep current on new applications
- Ability to manage, supervise, and direct the work of employees, assessing the performance of self, other individuals, or department to make improvements or take corrective action
- Ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Ability to effectively implement project planning and management principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to maintain a professional manner when interacting with faculty, students, staff, and outside organizations
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and four (4) years of directly related experience required.
Two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
Licenses and Certifications
A+ Certification, Net+ Certification and/or Microsoft 365 Fundamentals preferred.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Six (6) years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.