24-Nov-2021 to 31-Jan-2022 (EST) College of Business and Management Boca Raton, FL, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. We look to our faculty to bring their diverse experiences and perspectives to their work, and welcome and encourage faculty candidates from a variety of backgrounds to consider joining our team. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Analytics & Modeling.
The College of Business and Management at Lynn University requires faculty to teach courses in its undergraduate and graduate programs at our campus in Boca Raton, Florida and in our online programs. Candidates must be able to teach this schedule both in person and on campus in order to be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses in accordance with college guidelines
- Participate in the college's assessment program of student performance
- Timely response to student questions and concerns
- Timely submission of university reports and requirements, such as attendance, grades, and student progress reports
- Participation in the life of the College and University through continuing professional development; contributions to University and College meetings; advancing curricula and co-curricula; engaging in scholarship contributions and providing service contributions to the College, University, profession, and broader community
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates must be proficient in using technology for instructional delivery, such as learning management systems (e.g., Canvas), or otherwise have a high comfort level with learning and utilizing new technology, and be self-sufficient for problem-solving minor technical issues.
- Candidates must have an appreciation of different learning styles to incorporate into their instructional delivery.
- Candidates must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must have excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be team players and be willing to engage in leadership activities that advance the interests of the College.
- Candidates must have, before starting appointment in August 2022, a doctorate in business analytics, business modeling, or a related quantitative business decision science.
- All qualifying graduate degrees must have been completed at a College of Business in a regionally accredited university.
- Proof of being current in the field of instruction, whether through continuous education, scholarship contributions, and/or practical, high-level field experience.
- Candidates must be available to work the required schedule in person on our Boca Raton campus. Online-only candidates will not be considered.
- Candidates who additionally have 18 graduate hours of education in another business-related field are desired.
- Previous experience teaching business analytics, business modeling, or a related quantitative business decision science at a college or university level is desired.
- Candidates with administrative leadership interests is desired.
Completed applications will be reviewed upon receipt for match to potential needs. Only completed applications will be reviewed, which must include a short cover letter, resume or CV with detailed academic credentials, and copies of all college transcripts. Before an applicant is approved to teach, three letters of reference and official transcripts will also be requiredAccreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.