:Adjunct Assistant Professor, Anatomy & Physiology Opportunity Type
:Adjunct Position Type
:Adjunct Faculty Position Classification
:Exempt Home Department
:Sciences For Health Programs Open until filled
:Yes Job Location
:Northwest Campus Overview
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as certificate and non-degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Salary as per the SF Salary Schedule.
Santa Fe College accepts applications for adjunct assistant professors on a continuous basis. However, it does not necessarily imply there are immediate openings. Description
Under general supervision, the Adjunct Assistant for Sciences for Health programs develops, prepares and teaches a variety of coursework consisting of Anatomy and Physiology. Adjunct Faculty are employed on a term-by-term basis and may be assigned teaching duties at SF’s main Northwest campus or at any of the College’s six educational centers. Course offerings within the Sciences for Health Programs Department may be taught during the day, evening, or online, as well as taught using other distance learning formats. Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, organize, and deliver anatomy and physiology instruction in didactic, laboratory and/or classroom settings to promote student success within a community college setting.
- Support and promote the college and departmental missions centered on excellence in teaching and learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, and service.
- Collaborate with department chair, faculty, and peers to evaluate, revise, and develop curriculum to cultivate the mastery of course content.
- Provide students with frequent, timely assessment of and clear feedback regarding academic performance.
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain accurate records such as attendance, grading and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Honor student confidentiality and privacy as per appropriate laws, regulations and college rules.
- Proctor exams, participate in departmental meetings, as well as college taskforces and/or committees as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate office hours proportionate to the instructional assignment.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Chair, Sciences for Health Programs Qualifications
Required: A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Biology, or Anatomy & Physiology, Biochemistry, Histology, Kinesiology/Exercise Physiology, Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology and/or Zoology or a Master’s degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours within the qualifying fields listed is required. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Relevant teaching experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The Adjunct Assistant must have the ability to deliver a high level of interactive customer service, develop and maintain collaborative relationships throughout the organization, communicate effectively and possess proficient computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft Suite of Office Applications. The successful applicant must be willing to work a flexible schedule at multiple sites, as well as demonstrate the ability to work well with students, faculty and staff at all levels within a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative environment.
Application Process: All applicants must create an Applicant Profile to complete the SF Employment Application, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. Three letters of recommendation are preferred at the time of application. However, are required prior to an extension of an offer. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made. Required Documents
:Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts