HR Generalist IIAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Human ResourcesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
This position will monitor and support the onboarding of new hires and offboarding of separating and retiring employees. The role will manage new hire orientations and provide service excellence responding to inquiries and providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department.DESCRIPTIONFunctional Area 1: Onboarding Percent Effort: 40%
Functional Area 2: OffboardingPercent Effort: 25%
- Welcome new faculty and staff to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Monitor and facilitate the onboarding process and coordinate multiple orientations to the Island Campus.
- Review and approve Workday business processes, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes as it relates to new hires.
- Ensure all employees complete all onboarding tasks.
- Assign training courses.
Functional Area 3: Leave ManagementPercent Effort: 20%
- Coordinate steps of separation with regular faculty and staff.
- Verify completion of timesheets and accuracy of time off entries for separating employees. Prepare and submit requests lump sum payments for accrued vacation time.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
Functional Area 4: Administrative Percent Effort: 15%
- Management of the previous state service process. Obtain and validate documentation from new employees and other Texas State agencies. Maintain integrity of vacation and sick leave accruals in Workday. Update service dates and State Service time as needed.
- Perform time and leave administration duties and input data to Workday.
- Provide service excellence and serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintain electronic personnel and human resources related files.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- One (1) year related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration, professionalism and communication skills conducive to building and maintaining positive relations with administrators, co-workers, staff, faculty, and students.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, online systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email. Experience developing and delivering presentations and facilitating meetings.
- Ability to effectively perform work of a highly sensitive and confidential nature that requires access to information. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to coordinate several personnel functions and determine the relative importance of each.
- Initiative in independently planning, organizing, and performing work assignments within broadly defined parameters. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a well-organized and focused manner. Ability to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Experience with Workday.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- Demonstrated customer service requiring a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/HR-Generalist-II_R-044440-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency