: Los Angeles, CAPosted:
: Nov 22, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required. Applicants must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination of condition of employment.
The Associate Director, Media, Communications and Marketing will work directly with the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement (IA) and the IA Communications and Marketing team to create content across all platforms (publications, website, social media), oversee visual content creation and dissemination, assist with increasing the overall visibility of Mount Saint Mary's University, including securing media placements, ensuring effective communications internally and externally, establishing the brand internally and externally, strengthening the university's social media presence across all platforms for all users and positioning the President and key leaders as thought leaders for educational excellence, gender equity and the advancement of women.
- Increase visibility for the university by proactive media outreach and communication efforts for the division. Identify stories, establish and cultivate media relationships and secure earned media.
- Build collaborative relationships with faculty and staff to create compelling content for publications, social media and website.
- Conduct interviews for articles, spotlights and press releases. Write profiles and press releases designed to engage external and internal audiences.
- Assist with strategic planning and implementation of internal and external visibility campaigns, university initiatives and general communications and marketing.
- Assist AVP to promote brand education across the university, including faculty, staff and students. Help with Brand Camp promotions as well as monthly communications from Mar Com Council.
- Implement AVP's Social Media plan for the university - oversee monthly social media team meetings and follow up with departments as needed to ensure social media planning, execution and compliance.
- Implement and execute bi-annual audit for all social media channels.
- Work with social media managers and consultants across departments to produce effective social media content; keep up with the latest social media best practices and technologies; identify new tools to elevate the university and its success.
- Support all publications as needed for content creation with a focus on individual profiles and feature stories.
- Work with AVP and website team on content refresh for the redesign. Assist AVP with other writing and content creation for website, as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of media outreach and relations, communications for internal and external audiences, overall marketing and branding, and journalism.
- In-depth project management experience.
- Knowledge of Meltwater, InDesign, Photoshop, social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook., IG, Snapchat, Twitter, Tik Tok); Raiser's Edge.
Abilities and Skills:
- Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple projects requiring thought and concentration to meet established deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercise sound and quick decision making.
- Think critically, and write clearly and concisely.
- Be a creative problem solver.
- Serve as an analytical, detail-oriented team player who can also work well independently.
- Build rapport and interact successfully with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent skills in writing clear and compelling copy, as well as editing, fact checking, and proofreading copy.
- Excellent organization and prioritization ability.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English, literature, journalism or related field. Master's degree a plus media or a related field preferred).
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years' experience working in media/public relations, communications, marketing, editing/writing.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.