Senior Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Responsibilities A training position designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific technical and administrative work in support of research efforts in an assigned laboratory or clinical research setting. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while ensuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis; Teach and participate in complex bacteriological, chemical and/or radio-chemical qualitative and quantitative analysis, macro- and micro-serological, histologic and cell culture procedures
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; Summarize and evaluate findings; Develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects; Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work; Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; Instruct others in operation of equipment
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned
Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent from an accredited college or university and a minimum of three years' experience.Preferred Qualifications Strong background in molecular biology, physiology and cell biology. Previous experience with rodent handling, surgery and histology/biochemistry/molecular biology related techniques.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality, complete work and meet deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Word and other computer software/databases or willingness to learnShift/Salary/Benefits Shift: Days/M-F; Work outside of the normal business may be required. Salary: $38,000/Annually - $60,000/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.