About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-196Posting Start Date:
Masters Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct Faculty - Fashion Design Responsibilities/Duties • Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom;
• Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session;
• Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework;
• Assess and monitor student progress and understanding throughout the course;
• Remediate student’s lack of prerequisite knowledge;
• Offer content help through various means;
• Select course materials as they reflect the Master Syllabus;
• Place the syllabus, readings, and homework on Blackboard;
• Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials;
• Set up online courses when relevant;
• Create new digital instruction materials;
• Exhibit a spirit of inquiry about teaching and learning, student development, and evaluation methods;
• Use evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching;
• Develop an area of expertise in the academic arena;
• Share teaching expertise with colleagues and others;
• Demonstrate integrity as a scholar;
• Provide required office hours;
• Effectively communicate with students via e-mail, phone or online discussion boards;
• Provide academic advice and guidance to students;
• Submit grades, on time, via the faculty portal;
• Manage incompletes and make-ups;
Required QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Masters degree in Fashion Design
- 2 years of teaching experience
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualification
- 15 Additional graduate hours in Fashion Design retailing and/or men's apparel
- Doctoral Degree in Fashion Design
- 4 years of teaching experience
- Community College teaching experience
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail