About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-198Posting Start Date:
Masters Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct Faculty - Accounting Description/Job SummaryEssential Functions:
- Candidates must be able to teach advanced to intermediate courses in Accounting.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to excel inside and out of the classroom and provide ongoing support for students success;
- Bases on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s) leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom;
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session;
- Collect, grade and report assignments and homework;
- Assess and monitor student progress and understanding throughout the course;
- Remediate student lack of prerequisite knowledge;
- Offer content help through various means;
- Place the syllabus, reading and homework on Canvas;
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials;
- Set up online courses when relevant;
- Create new digital instructional materials;
- Exhibit a spirit of inquiry about teaching and learning, student development, and evaluation method;
- Use evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching;
- Demonstrate integrity as a scholar;
- Effectively communicate with students via e-mail, phone or online discussion;
- Provide academic advice and guidance to students;
- Submit grades, on time, via the faculty portal.
Required QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:
- Master Degree in Accounting; or related Business degrees with 24 credit hours in Accounting (a combination of undergraduate or graduate credit hours)
- 3 years of teaching experience
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
- Teaching on a Community College level
- Academically qualified per ACBSP standards in the field of management with teaching experience (in multiple formats)
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail