Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications MD, Ph.D., or MD/PhD or equivalent from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learn
Knowledge of cell culture; Western blot; PCR, fluorescence microscopy; histology; and mouse surgery
Ability to maintain confidentiality; complete work and to meet deadlines; and work independently with only general supervisionPreferred Qualifications
- Analytical skills in SAS/R/Stata. Prior research experience
- Strong experience in mouse work, including mouse surgery, tissue isolation, and physiology measurement such as ultrasound and blood pressure measurement. Background on molecular biology is a plus.
Responsibilities The project requires developing of cancer registry by coordinating with the Cancer Center administrative staff. Additionally, the postdoc will be involved in all lab activities that include project management, peer review and organizing research meetings. Finally, the postdoc will be able to independently conduct basic inferential analysis, associated literature review and writing by the end of the first year as a postdoc. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete Institutional Review Board (IRB) Documents for proposed projects. This would include drafting, edits, submission and rebuttal of the IRB document
- Coordinate with Cancer Center administrative staff to obtain the list of breast, prostate cancer, and lymphoma patients in developing the cancer registry.
- Learn R, STATA or SAS to learn; Simple regression tests, parametric and non-parametric tests; Logistic, uni/multivariable; Longitudinal methodologies relevant to ongoing projects; Meta-analytical methodologies; Basic machine learning methodologies.
- Coordinate lab meetings and coordinate with all centers for multi-center inter/intra institutional projects.
- Miscellaneous that include lab related tasks such as manuscript submission and peer review.
- Use the knowledge to create lab specific abstracts and manuscripts to presents findings in journal and scientific meetings. Postdocs will be limited to two national/local meetings. Completing 2 first-author abstracts and 1 first-author manuscript is a requirement by the end of first year.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Salary: $38,000/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.