Job no: 492607
Work type: Adjunct
Categories: Nursing, Adjunct
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for Online Adjunct Instructors to teach in the Nurse Practitioner Program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to instructing the course based on provide curriculum and assisting students in achievement of course objectives; moderating and guiding student interaction in course-related work groups and discussion forums; scheduling and hosting office hours through use of conferencing tools, grading and providing feedback. Practicum course responsibilities include establishing contact with students’ preceptors, verifying student hours and assessing clinical tracking notes.
Applications are being accepted from candidates who have both teaching and industry experience as a Nurse Practitioner working in the state of Oregon in the following fields:
• Adult/Gero Acute Care – Primary Care
• Psychiatric-Mental Health
• Currently practicing as a Nurse Practitioner in Adult/Gero, Family, Adult/Gero Acute Care, or Psych-Mental Health.
• Minimum of two years’ experience working as a licensed NP (graduate school experience does not apply).
• Board Certified Nurse Practitioner, unencumbered license in Oregon.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and assist students in achieving their academic goals.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Terminal degree from accredited institution in a related field.
• Strong preference for those residing in Oregon.
• Experience using Canvas or other relevant online learning management system at the faculty level.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: November 15, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled