: Administrative / StaffDepartment:
: 01-52-5250-Health Services DeptLocations:
: Longmeadow, MAPosted:
: Nov 16, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-Time Salaried (Exempt)Position ID:
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: DHSNP
- Job Type: Part-time
- Standard Hours: 25 hours/week
- Schedule (Standard Work Days): Mon-Thurs, 10am-4pm, with some evenings and weekends
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA Campus
The Bay Path University's Health and Wellness Center seeks a full-time Nurse Practitioner & Director of Health Services to provide primary care to Bay Path University students.
The nurse practitioner will provide high quality, evidence-based primary health care, including women's health care, to Bay Path students. Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required. In carrying out these duties, the nurse practitioner will adhere to all policies and procedures, government and professional standards, and establish appropriate plans of treatment to promote, maintain and/or restore health. In addition, the Director of Health Services is responsible to support the promotion of health and wellness for the entire Bay Path community. This position includes an administrative work load component.
The NP is also responsible for ongoing professional development.
- Providing the full spectrum of health care services to include health promotion, disease prevention, health protection, anticipatory guidance, counseling, and disease management.
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating minor illnesses, and managing chronic health problems.
- Assessing and evaluating vague or ill-defined symptoms in student population.
- Developing a plan of care based on assessment, which includes prescribing appropriate medications and treatments, providing follow-up care, and evaluating effectiveness of care.
- Analyzing the multiple effects of pharmacologic agents, including over-the-counter preparations.
- Diagnosing commonly occurring acute and chronic, multi-symptom health problems.
- Promoting self-care amongst the student population.
- Screen student health history forms and initiate appropriate follow-up on indicated health problems.
- Schedule patient appointments under established department policy.
- Develop and update policies for management of health crises, in conjunction with the Dean of Students, including necessary staff training.
- Provide regular reporting on usage and other metrics to the Dean of Students.
- Oversee all policies and processes related to student records.
- Perform clinical diagnostic tests according to OSHA guidelines.
- Follow guidelines and protocols for the administration of medicines and immunizations.
- Process all required medical paperwork for new students in accordance with state law and higher education guidelines.
- Maintain inventory control of clinical/medical supplies and technical equipment and order as needed.
- Assist students in processing insurance forms.
- Maintain compliance with Massachusetts Public Health regulations governing reportable diseases, isolation and quarantine requirements, and immunization laws.
- Staff summer events such as Advising Days and admissions events.
- Provide health services for on-campus summer programs and the ALLI program.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Office Manager and/or designee on annual renewal and/or bidding process to secure student health and sports accident insurance carrier and/or broker.
- On an annual basis, work with the Business Office Manager and student insurance broker to ensure student health insurance is compliant with all state and federal regulations and adequate for the needs of our student population.
- Work with Business Office Manager and student health insurance carrier or broker to resolve individual student health issues as needed.
- Work with Athletic Director, Coaches, Trainers, students and student sports injury insurance carrier or broker to assure all club and intercollegiate sports injuries are handled promptly and completely. This includes prompt reporting of claims, submission of reimbursable student expenses and follow up, as necessary, until claim is closed.
- Develop and lead preventative health programs for the Bay Path community.
- Provide consultation as necessary to Residence Directors and Campus Security. Assist in developing early intervention skills to refer students to appropriate resources after hours.
- Maintain factual financial records and submit annual budget requests for review by required deadlines.
- Supervise health assistants and per diem RN's. Provide on the job training and performance evaluations.
- Attend appropriate and required meetings and is responsible for participating as a member of assigned committees as requested.
- Provide residence halls and various University offices with the basic first aid supplies as needed.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Office assistant(s)
- Per Diem RN(s)
- Graduate degree in nursing as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- Valid Massachusetts Nurse Practitioner license
- Massachusetts Prescriptive authority
- DEA license or DEA license eligible
- Certification as a family nurse practitioner, pediatric nurse practitioner, or women's health practitioner.
- Experience in college health and/or adolescent medicine.
- Experience in medical management of eating disorders.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.). and sexual offender records check (S.O.R.I.)
- This position is considered essential personnel. In the event of cancellation or delay of classes for any reason, essential personnel staff may be required to report to work. All essential personnel staff is responsible for reporting to work during and beyond their standard workweek days/hours due to inclement weather, emergency situations and special events as determined by the University or its designee.
- Current CPR certified.
- Working knowledge of student insurance carrier policies/procedures.
- Excellent critical thinking ability and appropriate experience to function independently required.
- Calm, professional demeanor; skilled at multi-tasking; easily adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply ethical principles, practices and standards of care.
- Knowledge of healthcare procedures and health records maintenance.
- Knowledge of legal codes of conduct.
- Experience identifying, developing, and assessment of health related programs.
- Excellent oral and written skills. Exceptional interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University, including a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.