Professor & Department Chair, Art and DesignAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
College Of Liberal ArtsProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The College of Liberal Arts and School of Arts, Media & Communication at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invite applications for the position of Department Chair at the rank of full Professor in the Department of Art + Design to begin as early as summer 2022. The teaching load for department chairs in the college is typically one course per fall and spring semester, in addition to administrative responsibilities and continued research/creative activity.
The successful candidate is a leader who will help envision the future of the Department, enable student success, and support Studio Art, Art History, and Graphic Design disciplines and faculty. The Department seeks candidates committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as collaborative leadership. Candidates are expected to manage routine operations while focusing on long-range plans to foster growth in quality programs. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, represent the Department and the Arts within the University and broader community, advocate for various student, faculty, and staff concerns and display the highest ethical values and principles in personal and professional endeavors.
The Responsibilities of the Department Chair include, but are not limited to:
- Faculty Leadership - advocate for and mentor faculty and conduct faculty and staff performance reviews.
- Program Leadership - lead the development of current and potential programs as well as goal-setting initiatives for the Department; support annual instructional assessment and review; encourage interdisciplinary outreach; and promote research and creative scholarship that enhances the Department's visibility.
- Operational Leadership - coordinate with university administration to determine class schedules and faculty workloads; ensure adherence to university and college procedures and policies; and direct approved personnel searches at the department level.
TAMU-CC has achieved an R2 Doctoral University-High Research Activity classification by the Carnegie Commission of Higher Education. The Department of Art + Design consists of 15 full-time faculty, including 12 tenured/tenure-line, 3 professional-track faculty and visiting faculty, and 2 staff members. The Department of Art + Design offers the following degrees: Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts with Teacher's Certification, and Master of Fine Arts. The Weil Gallery in the Center for the Arts on campus offers students, faculty, and the community exposure to a wide array of exhibitions and events. The university currently is renovating a building in downtown Corpus Christi to include a second gallery space. The Department hosts or participates in a range of creative activities with entities located in the Coastal Bend community including KSpace Contemporary, The Art Center of Corpus Christi, the Rockport Art Center, and the Art Museum of South Texas. Convenient access to the metropolitan centers of Houston, San Antonio, and Austin provides further access to cultural opportunities. For more information, visit the Department's website: Department Landing | Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (tamucc.edu)
Candidates must meet the appropriate credentialing requirements for the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACS) and:
- A terminal degree in Arts Administration, Arts Management, Art History, Studio Arts, or Graphic Design.
- Meet academic credentials commensurate with the rank of professor with tenure and hold a record of progressive administrative experience.
- A record of teaching excellence and student mentorship.
- Successful administrative or leadership experience in higher education.
- A collaborative, collegial, and transparent approach to leadership with a record of promoting shared governance to shape a vision and accomplish goals.
- The ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated success in and support of research, scholarship, and creative activity, and an understanding of the differences in these activities across disciplines within the Department.
- Experience with planning, delivering, and assessing student learning for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to implement data-driven decisions.
- Experience with equitable and effective allocation of departmental resources, such as budgetary requests, maintenance of facilities, equipment purchases and repairs, and space utilization.
- The ability to develop and nurture strategic relationships with internal and external partners, including demonstrated fundraising abilities.
- An understanding of historical, current, and future trends and issues affecting Studio Art, Art History, and Graphic Design in higher education and in the broader profession.
- Experience with interdisciplinary collaboration and instruction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing the qualifications listed, incorporating statements of leadership, teaching, and creative activity/research philosophies
2. A curriculum vitae
3. Examples of current research and/or creative scholarship
4. Copies of all unofficial transcripts
5. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email address.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. The review of applications will begin January 16, 2022.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Professor---Department-Chair--Art-and-Design_R-044130-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency