Provide district-wide leadership, supervision, and management direction for CAC's Small Business Development Service Center (SBDC) program. Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide significant expertise to develop, recommend, and implement programs for business development and training. Collaborate with America's SBDC Arizona Network (AZSBDC) to meet network goals.
- Manage CAC's district-wide Small Business Development Service Center (SBDC) program. Research and assess the needs of the Pinal County business community (Economic Development and Small Business needs). Develop services, activities, and programs that integrate and advance AZSBDC and CAC's strategic goals.
- Collaborate with AZSBDC and align strategies and activities with network expectations. Meet network goals and other deliverables as outlined in the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Maricopa district.
- Develop and manage CAC's SBDC College budget following all AZSBDC and college guidelines. Generate program revenue through available avenues that meet all program requirements (i.e., business training seminars and workshops). Manage grant and contract funded programs associated with the AZSBDC – CAC's SBDC. Integrate activities into the overall state solution and college initiatives.
- Advance economic and business development issues via leadership roles within Pinal County and Arizona. Develop strategic partnerships for business and economic development and training opportunities. Develop and recommend new products and services offered.
- Ensure SBDC compliance with all Arizona SBDC Network policies and procedures and with the Small Business Administration (SBA) regulations Prepare regular and ad hoc reports related to program activities including status reports on SBA initiatives and CAC initiatives.
- Supervise program staff and business counselors to include providing staff training, delegation of work assignments, employee evaluation and discipline, and employee hire/termination, promotion. Conducts staff meetings.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years applicable experience
DESIRABLES: Master's degree in business, management or a related field, experience owning and operating a small business, experience teaching at the college or corporate trainer level or in providing management consulting services, and experience with federal grant programs.
Entry Salary Range: $61,784.00 - $65,491.00 (Dependent upon qualifications)Open Until Filled: First review January 3, 2022.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)Resume or Curriculum VitaeUnofficial TranscriptsApplications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to exercise strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of small business development.
- Knowledge of effective business and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skill in supervising and training others in an organizational environment.
- Ability to coordinate activities with groups and plan in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and implement a strategic plan, and manage a program budget.
- High level of interpersonal skills that are adaptive to the wide variety of cultures, ages, and other characteristics of the college community and Pinal County entrepreneurs.
- Knowledge of electronic and technological systems including data collection systems.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, accounting, and/or Profit Mastery principles.
- Knowledge of the business cycle and/or the Business Model Canvas, and/or the Value Proposition Canvas principles.
- Knowledge of current marketing practices and principles.