: Campus Wide Graduate RecruitmentLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Nov 12, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 08002Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Office of Graduate Recruitment at Binghamton University (SUNY) seeks a personable, student-focused professional to analyze and develop marketing trends and strategies. The Graduate Admissions Recruiter will promote the values and strengths of Binghamton University's graduate programs to prospective students.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Graduate Recruitment, this professional recruiter will assist the University with marketing and promotion of its graduate degree programs. The Graduate Admissions Recruiter will identify foreign and domestic institutions for promising talent and implement a recruiting strategy that increases the diversity, quality and enrollment in the University.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a dynamic and highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
Developing and implementing a strategic, tactical, and operational marketing recruitment plan including:
- Representing the University professionally and ethically at international and domestic recruiting events, conferences and meetings, travelling independently as well as part of a delegation
- Working on the development of a graduate recruitment strategy for the University with the office's Associate Director and other team members;
- Researching and identifying target markets and recruiting venues, analyzing trends and assessing effectiveness of recruitment events;
- Collecting and evaluating feedback and data to inform recruitment materials and campaigns
- Utilizing innovative recruitment techniques and marketing methods to develop, plan, organize and execute a nationwide recruitment program;
- Coordinating social media strategies that target key constituents globally in conjunction with campus constituents;
- Employing effective and professional communications/marketing skills, generate and respond to inquiries, provide consistent and professional recruiting information and communicate proactively with partner universities, schools and recruitment organizations in a timely manner
- Establishing and maintaining a dynamic, cooperative relationship with feeder institutions and key partners on campus such as the Graduate School, Admissions, Communications and Marketing, International Student and Scholar Services
- Delivering marketing and promotional presentations to diverse audiences domestically, internationally, virtually in person, and in collaboration with key partners.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, student affairs, or a related field
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong inclination to culturally adapt and work well in varied environments with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and proven ability to learn and use new technology, including social media and university systems
- Willingness to work non-standard and varied hours.
- Willingness to travel extensively (domestically and internationally) independently, and possess the required documentation to do so.
- Master's degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field
- Familiarity with graduate school application processes and graduate degree requirements..
- Experience with Slate or similar CRM tool.
- Experience in developing marketing or recruitment campaigns with an emphasis on the utilization of multiple tools to reach target market(s).
- Previous experience in graduate recruitment.
- Professional experience working in higher education and/or in recruitment or admissions.
- Previous experience in domestic and/or international recruiting practices and fairs/events.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 11/30/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.