Client Support Services Manager
University of Puget Sound
Staff Posting Details Appointment:
regular, full-time, (1.0 FTE)Position Summary:
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Information Officer, Client Support and Educational Technology Services (CSETS), the Client Support Manager (CSM) is responsible for managing the delivery of technology support services to all TS supported students, faculty, and staff on campus in the areas of support for users of technology including desktop/laptop computers, software, multimedia services, and printing. The CSM oversees the work of the Client Support and Media divisions of Technology Services, ensuring that questions are answered and technology problems resolved efficiently, professionally, and proactively with a strong customer service focus and high user satisfaction. The CSM is responsible for tracking service statistics, maintaining detailed inventory information, and managing the KACE ticketing system, which is used across the TS department. The CMS also recruits, retains, and develops strong individuals and teams through performance review, coaching, and leadership. Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Management of the Client Services team including the enterprise desktop experience, hardware and software support, classroom technology support, and student computing support Supervisory Responsibilities
- Management of Media Services personnel and resources
- Management of the end-user experience across campus
- Defining and demonstrating the standards of customer service in alignment with the Customer Service Credo and the university's strategic plan
- Oversee the installation and delivery of desktop computers and laptops; this includes tracking inventory, annual selection and documentation of computing devices, and printer selection and support
- Develop and manage services and programs that provide timely and professional support in an efficient manner to the Puget Sound community of technology users
- Establish and maintain a flexible and open approach among Client Support, Media Services, and Student Support staff, including frequent team collaboration with other Technology Services staff to gather and share information
- Hire, train, coach and supervise departmental staff and student workers to ensure a positive work environment with continuous learning
- Assist with management of the departmental budget for hardware and budget planning.
- Create guidelines for the administration and use of the ticketing management system and inventory management system
- Triage tickets and ensure routing of tickets to appropriate staff for resolution across the Technology Services Department
- Assist with resolution of complex tickets and ticketing issues, and follow up on resolution to ensure customer satisfaction
- Establish, update and maintain documentation for all policies and procedures for the department. Produce documentation and handouts on programs and services provided
- Give presentations at orientations and training workshops
- Evaluate new technologies and assess software needs and make recommendations for purchases.
- Prepare and present monthly and annual reports
- Attend division, departmental and campus meetings
- Participate in professional development activities and events to keep current in the profession and encourage staff in professional development and cross-training activities
The CSM will supervise approximately 5 Client Support staff, 3 media personnel and 9 student workers and is responsible for providing annual appraisals, time and leave approval, and training and development approval. The CSM will ensure that the department has adequate staffing and coverage during all posted business hours Budget Responsibilities
Assist with management of the departmental budget for hardware and budget planning. No budget approval authority is granted. Qualifications:
A bachelor's degree and three years supervision of technical staff, or combination of education and equivalent experience Extensive experience with hands-on desktop technical support, including installation and troubleshooting of desktop computers, as well as imaging of desktop machines using imaging software Experience with a ticketing system for request assignment, tracking, escalation and reporting Thorough knowledge of: Preferred Qualifications
Endpoint computers and operating systems Application software such as office productivity, endpoint security, and browsers E-mail and authentication systems including Outlook, Exchange, and Active Directory Windows account administration Computer peripherals, including printers, portable external storage, and others Computer networks, including wireless connectivity and VPN Networking protocols, processes, and troubleshooting techniques Virus protection and spyware removal software applications Multimedia principles and equipment Experience with tracking computer inventory for a large enterprise Excellent communication, organizational, management and analytical skills Ability to work with others to plan, conduct, and staff user training Experience training, mentoring, and leading staff Degree/credential required Has access to, interaction with or unrestricted contact with minors or vulnerable adults Requires the use/operation of a personal, rented, or university vehicle to conduct university business on a regular basis Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Project management experience and/or training Experience in Higher Education technology support Significant user-level experience with PeopleSoft ITIL Foundation v3/v4 Certification Compensation and Benefits
: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: https://pugetsound.edu/human-resources/benefits Application Deadline:
Review of application materials will begin immediately.
Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.Required Documents:
Resume Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of all required background checks and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment. All new hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption. Diversity Statement:
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community. We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: https://pugetsound.edu/about-puget-sound-0/mission-core-values/institutional-equity-diversity
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about
) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency