Chapman University | Dean of the Argyros School of Business and Economics
Chapman University is seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, collaborative, and strategic leader to serve as the Dean of the Argyros School of Business and Economics. The next Dean will have the extraordinary opportunity to lead Chapman’s fast-moving, AACSB-accredited School of Business and Economics. The Argyros School is ranked among the Top 100 Business Schools by U.S. News & World Report. The next Dean will find a school on an upward trajectory of growth and innovation centrally located in Orange County, CA. Reporting to Provost Bouchard, the Dean will lead 80 full-time tenure-line faculty, 40 part-time faculty, and a 25 full-time staff.
The incoming Dean will be responsible for providing creative vision and inspiring leadership for the School while also creating transcollegiate initiatives across the university, through the Southern California region, and on the national stage. The Dean will work closely with both internal and external constituencies to provide even greater opportunities for students and faculty, to further the educational and research mission of the School, and to ensure its continued positive momentum and growth. The Dean oversees a school comprising of 1,900 undergraduate and 210 graduate students. The new Dean will have the opportunity to continue to: elevate the School’s mission and actively recruit exceptional students and employees; further build productive partnerships and connections for the School in the business community; advance diversity and inclusion within the School and across campus; and build and support continued momentum around philanthropic success of the School.
The successful candidate will bring a record of academic and leadership excellence that commands the respect of the academic community and meets the criteria for appointment as a tenured full professor at Chapman. In addition, the incoming Dean will possess many of the following abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- An entrepreneurial and energetic approach to leadership in an academic setting;
- A keen understanding of the changing landscape for business education nationally, as well as deep familiarity with current trends in academic program development and delivery (online, hybrid, etc.);
- A passion and eagerness to fundraise to support the School’s mission;
- A natural ability and desire to build trusting relationships with faculty and to facilitate shared governance without stifling opportunities for innovation;
- Demonstrated commitment and practical experience with creating, maintaining, and ensuring an inclusive and welcoming climate in which people of all backgrounds can thrive;
- Experience with AACSB accreditation standards and requirements at a high level;
- Exposure to and appreciation for the use of technology in creating and delivering outstanding academic programs;
- The ability to lead a complex organization to the next level of success with integrity;
To view the full position description please visit this website.
Amy Sugin, Jim Sirianni, Mark Halligan, and Holly Bogo of Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search, have been retained by Chapman University to assist in this search process. Applications, nominations, and further inquiries should be directed to [email protected].
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The university is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The university is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.