Regional Admissions Counselor (Atlanta) Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Valid driver's license required. Must be willing to travel and work a flexible work schedule at certain times of the year depending on the admissions cycle.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule with flexible hours
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity
- Ability to cover travel costs, with reimbursement occurring after the fact required
- Ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently
- Preference given to candidates having worked in higher education, counseling, public relations, sales or marketing
Responsibilities The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Representation: Represent Augusta University at on and off-campus, day and evening programs to include high school visits, college fairs, and informational sessions to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, and other individuals or organizations.
- Communications: University enrollment is dependent upon the communication skills and recruitment efforts/strategies of the Admissions Counselor. Must be able to respond to a variety of questions regarding the admissions and selection process. Must be able to make executive decisions regarding the admissions process and requirements in the absence of a supervisor.
- Customer Service: Maintains communication with prospective students via phone, email. text or social media through all stages of the recruitment cycle and admissions process. Tracks communication in customer relationship management system. Must be able to build a rapport with diverse populations of students and is responsible for counseling prospective applicants on the admissions process, academic opportunities available and financial assistance options.
- Strategic Recruitment: The Admissions Counselor creates, coordinates, and implements a strategic territory recruitment plan which includes scheduling visits and events; reporting and analyzing data; and, implementing recruitment plans in an effort to meet projected enrollment goals. Prepares and distributes monthly reports on recruitment efforts to Associate Director and Director of Admissions. Must be detail oriented.
- Event Management: Responsible for the development and delivery of on and off-campus programs and events in assigned geographic territory.
- Other duties as assigned: Specific assignments can include: website maintenance, social media management, travel planning, diverse student recruitment, dual enrollment recruitment, assistance with transfer recruitment efforts, coordination of small and large-scale events. All other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Job Summary ***This position is based in Atlanta, GA*** This position represents Augusta University at both on and off-campus programs and events to prospective students, parents, high school counselors and other individuals and organizations in the Atlanta and nearby metro areas. Regularly scheduled visits to the Augusta campus for training and on-campus events. The purpose of this position is to recruit students to the university, which requires strong verbal and written communication skills. The position also requires the ability to counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and various academic opportunities available at the university for diverse populations of students. The ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, school counselors, faculty and campus partners is crucial to the success of future enrollment at the university. Communication and counseling can be in-person, by phone, through email or text Admissions Counselors must be willing to work a flexible schedule and be able to work independently with undergraduate applicants to resolve circumstances, complaints, appeals, deferrals and admissions denials. Admissions Counselors coordinate their own territory recruitment plan, which will include scheduling, reporting and interpreting data, and strategizing recruitment efforts to meet future enrollment goals. Counselors will coordinate, staff, implement special events and programs within their designated geographic territories.Shift/Salary Shift: Mon-Fri; Days *May be required to work outside normal business hours
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 11/10/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a driver's history report for the identified top candidate(s) for this position. We will initiate this through our Background Check Vendor; this report will come from the Department of Motor Vehicles. The selected candidate must have a valid driver’s license.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.