Job location: Penn Dental at Schattner Center Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
JR00042856 University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information. Posted Job Title
IT Senior Project Leader - A/V, Events, and InstructionJob Profile Title
Information Technology Senior Project LeaderJob Description Summary
Work with IT stakeholders and senior leaders to identify research, evaluate, create, develop and implement new IT solutions, applications, support & training needs for faculty, academic, instructional, research, administrative, media & communication initiatives. Provides training for faculty, staff, and students on installed AV equipment and collaborative technology. Coordinate IT resources, services & support. Provide change management leadership, direction, implementation and measurement governance and stewardship. Evaluate needs, gather requirements and provide business / technical solutions. Responsible for reporting project status to IT management, project sponsors & other key business leaders.
Works with peers in classroom design, video production, and technology support to provide highly available services, as well as the road map for future improvements to both products and workflows.
Partner with departments, IT stakeholders & service desk to provide exceptional & advanced computing support & related services to clients. Serve as advocate & facilitator for IT optimization projects & initiatives. Lead in the development & execution of operational processes & standards; Manager for operational issues & complex tier level issues; Lead knowledge management efforts & own training compliance programs.
Manage all aspects of Instructional, Classroom, A/V Event, Information Services & support services planning, implementation, project mgmt. & execution. Provide project leadership, planning & implementation of multiple complex projects. Manage client requests to provide first & second level support. Act as single point of contact to clients for complex requests & incidents; manage internal escalation, vendor management & customer communications processes.Job Description
- As Senior Project Leader, ensure provision of exceptional computing support & related services to clients. Work with departments, IT stakeholders, clients, and service desk to understand business and technology requirements.Design and develop solutions, oversee implementation, including the work of project team members; ensure timely and within-budget completion. Advocate & facilitator for IT optimization projects & initiatives. Lead design, development, execution, and evaluation of operational processes & standards; Key leader for operational issues & complex tier level issues. Lead knowledge management efforts; develop training compliance programs, maintain documentation.
- Lead all aspects of Instructional, Classroom, A/V Event & support services planning, implementation, project mgmt. & execution. Work with SDM leadership, individual programs/ departments, and IT colleagues to plan high-profile events across the Dental complex; identify necessary A/V, technology, and support services; manage teams providing event assistance. Provide project leadership, planning, implementing, and troubleshooting multiple complex projects. Lead teams providing first & second level support, manage internal escalation. Single point of contact to clients for complex requests & incidents, vendor management, and customer communications processes.
- Provide expert support and consultation to clients; diagnose and resolve the most complex technical, hardware, software, and network service problems. Manage ticket queue; distribute tickets/ticket emails to team members; prioritize prompt and efficient resolution of escalated issues to minimize disruption ofmission-critical services.
- Plan, lead, and manage various continuous improvement projects and initiatives; manage campus technology teams & groups, maintain accountability for results. Effectively prioritize & triage tickets to service desk team members minimizing service disruption; serve as the escalation point for the most complex of issues Project lead client communications, mitigate major cross-organizational projects including stakeholder analysis, risk mitigation & execution strategy. Partner with ISC & with local support providers.
- Maintain expert knowledge of Penn's supported information technologies, and remain abreast of trends in the field. Oversee the work of project team members providing 2nd tier computing support & related services to diverse clients, ensure work is being completed in a timely manner.. Through leadership and consultation regarding IT applications relevant to departmental needs, serve as an expert resource for classroom technologies, hardware, implementations; provide cross-functional support; serve as client advocate & change agent leader.
- Maintain a high-level of project management and technical skills by utilizing internal and external resources. Develop and maintain vendor relationships. Participate proactively in ongoing professional development. Serve as leader, model, coach & resource to various stakeholders in PDM, and across the University.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Experience in project leadership, project management, supervision, help desk support. A+, Network+, MCP or higher certifications preferred. Experience with Office 365 setup, management, and product lines. MAC experience a plus. Excellent customer service skills including excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience troubleshooting problems in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Must be punctual and reliable. Must relate comfortably with faculty, administrators, students, and staff. Ability to work both autonomously and in a team-based environment and lead various projects to completion in a changing & dynamic environment.
Job Location - City, State
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Dental MedicinePay Range
$72,837.00 - $205,981.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay