: Information Technology ServicesLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Nov 8, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 06059Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Lead Programmer/Analyst (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Help Desk Support Analyst will provide superior customer service to the University community as first-level telephone, email, remote and in-person analytical support for technology in a networked campus environment. The Help Desk Support Analyst will record all actions taken to resolve client issues, educate clients on problem prevention and refer unresolved problems to higher levels for resolution when necessary. The Help Desk Support Analyst will assist in the development of the operating procedures for all Help Desk agents to follow, assist in supervising and training student employees and also monitor all referred calls to ensure the best service level possible is provided to the University community. The Help Desk Support Analyst will participate in the test scoring service, including receiving tests, processing tests, and providing faculty with the results.
The Help Desk Support Analyst must be able to work independently and at other times as a member of a team with a diverse cross-functional group of professionals, faculty, and students to support all in the pursuit of academic excellence within a premier University environment.
The Help Desk Support Analyst reports to the Assistant Director of Client Support, works directly with other members of Technology Support Services and works closely with other key groups and staff members within Information Technology Services (ITS).
In addition, the Help Desk Support Analyst will:
- Provide computer and network support to faculty, staff, students and other campus affiliates
- Maintain detailed record keeping of the nature and resolution of all calls in Service-Now ITSM software; resolving client problems during the first call whenever possible; educating clients on problem prevention and referring problems to higher levels for resolution when necessary
- Must be able to maintain data confidentiality and compliance with regulatory requirements (HIPAA, etc.)
- Will provide flexible, patient, and creative solutions to issues as they arise
- Must meet or exceed our customer's expectations
- Must demonstrate competence, timeliness, quality, and excellence
- Follow the test scoring process and procedures to ensure tests are scored in a timely manner
- Work schedule will fluctuate based on academic calendar
- Must be able to maintain data confidentiality and compliance with regulatory requirements (HIPAA, FERPA, PCI, etc.)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related field
- Minimum of three years' experience in a technical support role
- Experience with Windows and/or Mac operating system, Microsoft Office and troubleshooting network connections
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with technical and non-technical clients and with all functional groups within Information Technology Services
- Must be a positive, hardworking person able to deal successfully with a diverse group of users, faculty, staff and students
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to learn new technologies and become adept at them quickly
- Familiarity with browser compatibility, D2L Brightspace, mobile technology, antivirus, antispyware
- Experience in working in a large complex organization, in higher education or a research environment
- Experience working at a Help Desk or other Tier I support organization
- Experience using ServiceNow
- Experience using remote assistance tools
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 11/23/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.