: Student Recruitment and OutreachLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Nov 1, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Organize and lead implementation of the recruitment outreach activities and events to promote the value of Oakton to prospective students, their influencers, and members of Oakton's district. Supervise the Recruitment and Outreach team. Manage Admissions Customer Relations Management (CRM) system, including communication plans. Oversee Student Ambassador Program and develop recruitment publications.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, optimize, and manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Recruitment Suite to create and improve application processes for new students. Develop and oversee email campaigns to prospective students and applicants. Collaborate with Information Technology to improve business processes that support new student admission and enrollment.
- Assist the Director of Admissions and Enrollment with daily supervision of admissions staff, including facilitation of staff meetings, scheduling of assigned responsibilities, training and professional development, and leading new projects. Serve as decision maker in Director's absence.
- Plan, organize, and execute college-wide and department campus recruitment events, such as Campus Visits, Open Houses, Admitted Student Nights, and other program specific events.
- Select, hire, train, and manage for the Student Ambassador Program. Perform annual assessments and evaluations with Student Ambassadors.
- Develop year-long communication and marketing plan which includes specific and measurable objectives, strategies, timelines, and evaluation methods through multiple measures, such as mail, email, text, and phone for identified market segments (i.e. traditional students, adult students, underrepresented populations, etc).
- Partner with College Relations to coordinate, develop, and update recruitment materials for prospective students, influencers, and community members.
- Oversee promotion and recruitment of students in guaranteed admission and pathways programs, such as the Engineering Pathways to UIUC program and ICATT apprentice program. Serve on the admission committee for programs requiring selective dual admission.
- Oversee departmental Live Chat on Oakton.edu website which includes coordinating a schedule to respond to the inquiries, and creating trend and usage reports.
- Oversee departmental program and learning assessment initiatives, and utilize data and reports to identify enrollment trends and areas for growth.
- Collaborate with the Managers of Enrollment Services, and Admissions Operations to facilitate effective planning and ensure clear communication regarding equity minded admission and enrollment policies, processes, and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Director, plan and monitor the department operating budget.
- In alignment with the college Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) plan and assist in the development of annual recruitment plans, which includes specific and measurable objectives, strategies, specific populations, time lines, and evaluation methods.
- Provide assistance and advice to prospective students regarding the college's application procedure, policies, requirements, deadlines, and programs in person, via phone, or electronic communication through individual and group methods.
- Represent the College at business, community, career centers, high school, fairs, and special events.
- Participate in Enrollment Center cross training activities to develop knowledge in other functional student areas in order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to students and the community.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Hiring Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required. Master's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or related field is preferred.
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience working in college admissions or a related field required. Experience supervising others preferred.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be able to illustrate college programs and services through group or one-on-one presentations and to explain college policies and/or practices clearly, both orally and in writing, is required.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple priorities, organize work, and function independently, while keeping attention to detail, under heavy workloads and during peak times.
- The ability to enter, retrieve, and manipulate data on a computer is required. Experience with SCT Banner student information system and managing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system preferred.
- Requires cultural competency and the ability to work with diverse populations.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
- Ability to travel between campuses and offsite locations as needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evening, and weekends during peak enrollment periods and recruiting cycle.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Admission and Enrollment.
Functional supervision exercised over the Recruitment and Outreach team as well as Student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $ 56,586 Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton Community College does not currently have a work form home policy and employees, are required to report to campus.