Pharmacy Technician A/B (Ryan Hospital)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Pharmacy Technician A/B (Ryan Hospital)Job Profile Title
Pharmacy Assistant AJob Description Summary
The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine is a global leader in veterinary education, research, and clinical care. Founded in 1884, the School is a proud member of the One Health initiative, linking human, animal, and environmental health. http://www.vet.upenn.edu/
The PHARMACY TECHNICIAN A will support the daily operation of the Ryan Hospital pharmacy by processing outpatient, inpatient and mail order prescriptions. This position will be responsible for data entry, fulfillment, and quality assurance checks for all prescription orders, as well as payment processing. In-person consultation with doctors, nurses and students and phone consultation with clients occurs daily. The Pharmacy Technician A will also participate in inventory maintenance including the processing of hospital department orders and stocking of supplies, unpacking shipments including medications, IV fluids and pet food. Independent rotation through all workstations, including the in-patient and outpatient pharmacies, is required.
The PHARMACY TECHNICIAN B has a level of advanced knowledge and understanding pertaining to both academic and technical aspects of the job. The Pharmacy Technician B assumes in-depth responsibilities for making patient care more efficient and effective by contributing to workflow oversight, performing compounding activities including allergy vaccines, and resolving customer service issues escalated up from PTA. The pharmacy technician B is expected to function independently of a pharmacist or pharmacy manager and maintain PTCB license.Job Description
Responsibilities are as follows:Pharmacy Technician A
Pharmacy Technician B
- Processing submitted prescriptions: count pills, package, label and dispense medications; process charges/payments for medications dispensed
- Processing phone and e-mail medication orders
- Verifying accuracy of prescriptions processed by other staff
- Receiving incoming supplies; verify stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records
- Rotation through the outpatient pharmacy
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- All responsibilities of pharmacy tech A related to prescription processing including data entry, filling, answering the phone, and processing refill and mail out requests
- Work independent of a pharmacist or pharmacy manager including checking prescriptions and overseeing pharmacy workflow of pharmacy tech A and students
- Participates in in-depth training of all new hires, including part-time students
- Compounding, including batch compounding and allergy vaccines
- Resolves mid-complex customer service problems
- Facilitate maintaining equipment/electronic functionality by submitting help desk tickets promptly for any malfunctioning equipment
- Oversees pharmacy inventory management, maintaining cycle count sheets and Omnicell database as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONSPharmacy Technician A
: Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhT) with a high school diploma plus 2 years of pharmacy related experience; or a minimum of a 2-year college degree in lieu of certification with a minimum of 2 years of pharmacy related experience; or a 4 - year college degree and no pharmacy experience are eligible for hire into the PTA position. Must have open availability to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m.Pharmacy Technician B
: Must be a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with a minimum of 2 years of veterinary pharmacy experience; or a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with minimum of 5 years non-veterinary pharmacy experience and a high school diploma; or a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with a 2-year college degree and 3 years of pharmacy experience; or a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with a 4 year college degree and a minimum of 2 years of pharmacy related experience. Must have open availability to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m.Starting salaries are typically in the range of $15.44 - $18.00/hour for the Pharmacy Technician A; and $16.23 to $20.56/hour for the Pharmacy Technician B.
Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Veterinary MedicinePay Range
$15.44 - $22.65Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Ryan-Veterinary-Hospital/Pharmacy-Technician-A-B--Ryan-Hospital-_JR00043727
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency