Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving
Reporting to the Senior Director of Annual Giving Programs, the Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving is responsible for engaging and soliciting current and prospective Parents Council and Westlands Society leadership annual level donors. The Associate Director will collaborate with Fund for Sarah Lawrence and Marketing and Communications colleagues to develop a solicitation strategy, materials, and messages that encourage membership level gifts and that are consistent with other fundraising efforts. The Associate Director will also partner with other frontline fundraisers to identify prospects for both fundraising programs. This position is expected to meet with prospects and solicit them at their home, office, and at other mutually agreed upon locations that can be outside of normal business hours.
Essential Duties Summary
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and closely follow solicitation themes and calendar for all fiscal year fundraising efforts.
2. Collaborate with design team, mail house, and colleagues in the Fund for Sarah Lawrence to develop and execute an annual appeal strategy for email and direct mail.
3. Create and execute an annual stewardship plan and identify additional opportunities as unique College events are scheduled.
4. Identify and recruit leadership volunteers who will help with engagement and fundraising efforts for retaining and acquiring members in both groups.
5. Plan and facilitate four annual Parents Council meetings including two-three meetings that are entirely remote.
6. Solicit fifty Parents Council and one hundred leadership society level annual gifts annually and document conversations in Raiser’s Edge.
7. Attend Regional events where efforts can benefit attaining fundraising goals.
8. Assist with all aspects of alumni reunion weekend leading up to the weekend and at reunion weekend as needed.
9. Attend meetings and other donor and volunteer cultivation events as needed for annual giving solicitation.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good organizational and project management skills.
• Experience developing direct mail and email solicitation strategies
• Excellent written and verbal skills as well as strong computer skills including knowledge Microsoft Office, client management software, and web document sharing.
• Experience in working effectively with volunteers.
• Ability to initiate and carry out duties with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to work with the public with a high degree of diplomacy, confidentiality, and tact.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years of experience in fundraising preferred.
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 lbs.
Requirements for Employment
Effective October 15, 2021, all employees of Sarah Lawrence College must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exceptions to this requirement will only be considered for documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Any offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and submission of proof of vaccination.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, visit https://slc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1663
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency