Applications for this position will be accepted through 11/21/2021.
Candidates are required to submit the following to be considered for this position:
What We Offer:
- Resume, with date ranges, whether it was full or part time, and hours per week worked.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
- The salary for this position starts at $44,052 - $53,340
- This position has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid vacation and time off, and a tuition benefit. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services. Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider reviewing the Total Compensation page at Total Compensation Calculators | University of Colorado.
Provide general administrative support to the Faculty Resource Center (FRC), including administrative and programming support for all programs and events. Coordinate with the Faculty Development Coordinator for in person, remote, and hybrid workshops and events using event management software (e.g., Cvent, Marketing Cloud). Post events on FRC webpage and UCCS events calendar. Update FRC program and event webpages as necessary. Participate in event and program committee meetings. Create PowerPoint presentations for select events.Who We Are:
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)
is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students.Colorado Springs
(pop. 450K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report
as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.The key responsibilities include:
Candidates must understand and comply with the following:
- Financial transaction processing, which includes but is not limited to: faculty stipends, journal entries/cash transfers, procurement and travel card reconciliation, travel support, supply ordering through CU Marketplace, monitors fund budgets, processes end-of-year close-out activities.
- Provide general administrative support to the Center, including administrative and programming support for all programs and events.
- Coordinate with the Faculty Development Coordinator for in-person, remote, and hybrid workshops and events using event management software (e.g., Cvent, Marketing Cloud).
- Post events on FRC webpage and UCCS events calendar.
- Update FRC program and event webpages as necessary.
- Participate in event and program committee meetings.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for select events.
- Act as initial point of contact for Center when normal, in-person operations resume
- Maintain office and hospitality supplies
- Purchase materials for FRC general use and staff
- Maintain a welcoming and clean FRC reception area
- Receive shipments, collect mail from mailroom and distribute
- Register FRC staff for off-site conferences, workshops, training
- Loan out technology equipment to faculty and maintain tracking spreadsheet
- Submit work requests to Facilities Department and follow up on requests as needed
- Successfully pass a background check
Tentative Search Timeline:
- Decides timing for faculty additional pay so they are paid on time.
- Decides correct coding in CU Marketplace and Concur when making purchases or reconciling procurement cards.
- Performs journal entries as needed for Faculty Resource Center speedtypes.
- The potential dates for interviews with the search committee will be the week of 12/1/2021.
- The potential dates for interviews with the supervisor and appointing authority will be the week of 12/15/2021.
- The potential employee start date is 1/1/2022.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check. UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions and meet the physical and environment demands described satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical and environmental demands.Applicants with disabilities: If you have a mental or physical impairment, which limits one of your major life activities (e.g. walking, hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, or learning) and require special accommodations for testing or interviewing, it is your responsibility to notify the office scheduling the interview or test at least 3 working days before the interview or test date. If you need special accommodations at the work site, you must notify the appointing authority or Human Resources.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position OR appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.Physical Requirements:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. Employee is occasionally required to move. Tasks may involve using a computer screen continuously for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.Job Category:
Administrative Support and RelatedPrimary Location:
Nov 8, 2021Unposting Date: