Assistant Dean for Transfer & Graduate AdmissionsPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
The Assistant Dean of Transfer & Graduate Admissions oversees the undergraduate transfer & graduate/adult learner recruitment and enrollment efforts, community college engagement, oversight and transcript evaluation, on-campus graduate recruiting efforts, adult learner graduate recruiting efforts, and Graduate college & employer partner relations. The Assistant Dean for Transfer & Graduate Admissions serves as the primary point of contact for transfer & graduate inquiries and admission processes and collaborates with the Registrar and Director of Graduate Studies to document transferable credits, facilitate graduate admission application review & decision making, and assist with onboarding new students.
- Serve as the primary recruiter for undergraduate transfer students and graduate students.
- Attend all virtual and in -person transfer & graduate fairs/events to recruit traditional UG students and adult GR students.
- Support Adult Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions office by attending non-community college recruitment events as needed.
- Serve as a UG transfer student transcript evaluator during the recruitment and admissions process.
- Review and evaluate all applications in collaboration with Graduate Studies of all GR student applicants.
- Collaborate with and community college points-of-contact to maintain transfer 2+2 agreements.
- Collaborate with college & employee partner points-of-contact Graduate student recruitment agreements.
- Support the work of the Registrar Office by helping to onboard and advise new enrolling students as needed.
- Collaborate with the offices (Financial Planning, Registrar, Dean of Students) and other main campus offices to ensure students have the tools and information needed to enroll and matriculate as a new student to Juniata College.
- Assists Juniata’s Enrollment Communications and Juniata Marketing to inform promotion efforts of Transfer Student Enrollment opportunities and Graduate Academic programs: including advertising, web presence and development of marketing materials and brochures.
- Contributes to other recruitment and enrollment initiatives and duties as assigned at Juniata College as necessary
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us… AA/EOEPosition Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years working in a higher educational environment with admissions and advising experience
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Willingness to perform some regional travel and some weekend recruitment responsibilities.
The Assistant Dean of Transfer & Graduate Admissions reports to a Senior Associate Dean of Admissions.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience working with Undergraduate Transfer, Community Colleges, and Adult Learner Graduate populations preferred.Open Date:
11/08/2021Open Until Filled: