Customer Service Rink Attendant, Class of 1923 Ice Rink
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Customer Service Rink Attendant, Class of 1923 Ice RinkJob Profile Title
Student WorkerJob Description Summary
The University of Pennsylvania Class of 1923 Ice Skating Rink, located adjacent to the east entrance of Penn Park, has been serving the community
since it first opened over 50 years ago in 1970. The 60,000 square foot facility boasts approximately 2,000 seats, locker rooms, concession stands, and
event rooms that can accommodate private groups of up to 50 people. The ice surface itself is 85' x 200', totaling 16,327 square feet of frozen fun
and healthy activity. The main entrance into the lower concourse is off of Lower Walnut Street. The rink may also be accessed via its entrance on
Walnut Street. The Penn Ice Rink meets a wide range of needs. The rink is home to many hockey clubs for men and women, along with annual
tournament play. The skating season spans from mid-June to late April each year.Job Description
This position is a student worker part-time position. The Ice Rink is normally open 18 hours per day, 7 days per week. The position is primarily an evening
and weekend position scheduled to work not more than 20 hours per week. Daytime hours may also be expected. In support of and under the direction of the Director, and Assistant Manager and the Shift Supervisor on duty during a shift in their absence. Must be readily available to respond to customer inquiries in person and via telephone. At the direction of the Shift Supervisor or Manager on duty, the Customer Service Rink Attendant maintains a focus on ensuring safety and customer experience. The position is visible to customers and directly reports to the Assistant Manager. The Customer Service Rink Attendant works closely with the Manager on Duty to enforce University policies within the facility. The Customer Service Rink Attendant may also be responsible for operating point-of-sale receiving payments for programs from guests. The CSR also performs duties as assigned during a shift.Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to customer inquiries and questions and inquiries in person and via telephone, seek assistance from Shift Supervisor as needed.
- Perform programming duties during shift and inform Shift Supervisor and manager in the case of any issues that may arise.
- Gain a basic knowledge of facility scheduling and programs offered. Seek answers when unknown with assistance of manager.
- Perform housekeeping duties when directed to ensure facility is kept clean and presentable to all visitors during scheduled shift.
- Perform skate rental tasks including distribution and collection of rental skates during public skating, late night skate, and private ice skate sessions.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the skate rental room ensuring effective skate rental process.
- Perform scorekeeper duties as directed by Shift Supervisor and as scheduled.
- Perform point -of-sale activities as directed during scheduled designated cashier shift.
This position is a Student Worker part-time position. The Ice Rink is normally open 18 hours per day, 7 days per week. The position is primarily an evening and weekend position schedule with additional weekday hours as scheduled not more than 29 hours per week. In support of and under the Associate Director, Assistant Manager, and Operations Manager in their absence and Shift Supervisor on duty. Must be readily available to respond to customer concerns and to seek assistance from Shift Supervisor and Manager during Ice Rink operating hours with a focus on ensuring safety and customer experience. The position is visible to customers and other staff, directly reporting to the Assistant Manager. The CSR supports enforcement of all University policies within the facility. Regular use of point of sale system for the processing of payments of regularly schedule events, camps, and clinics. Complete housekeeping duties in assistance to house keeping staff as needed during and scheduled shift as directed by Shift Supervisor and Manager. CSR may be required to skate guard during public skating sessions and perform other tasks as directed. The Customer Service Representative dress is clean, casual, no faded, torn or ripped pants or skirts. No shorts. Top must be free of offensive or objectional graphics. No tank tops. Footwear must be closed toe, full covering. No sandals or open toe shoes.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Business ServicesPay Range
$7.25 - $87.50Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Class-of-1923-Ice-Rink/Customer-Service-Rink-Attendant--Class-of-1923-Ice-Rink_JR00039301-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency