: Franklin, MAPosted:
: Nov 5, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-Time Academic YearPosition ID:
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
The Department of Athletics is seeking Assistant Coach for the Men's and Women's Volleyball teams.
This is a part time position. The assistant coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist in the implementation of the sport training and instructional program under the direction of the head coach by providing sport skill instruction, assisting in the conduct of practice sessions, performing game-related duties, and motivating players to give their best efforts;
- Recruit prospective student-athletes effectively as assigned by and under the direction of the head coach;
- Serve as a liaison with academic support personnel in support of players' academic efforts;
- Serve as a liaison with athletic training and strength and conditioning staff in support of conditioning and rehabilitation of players;
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the personal and academic development, as well as athletic progress, of student-athletes;
- Exhibit good writing and speaking abilities;
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuit of sport program goals set by the head coach;
- Efficiently and effectively complete all assignments provided by the head coach;
- Accept constructive criticism and demonstrate professional growth under the supervision of the head coach;
- Exhibit good judgment and professional behavior in advising and counseling student-athletes;
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulation of athletic governance organizations of which the institution is a member;
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, (b) respect for the competencies of others, and (c) appropriate conflict resolution behavior;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required;
- A Master's degree and/or coaching certification is preferred;
- Playing experience at the collegiate level and 3-5 years of experience as an assistant coach or head coach is preferred;
- A valid US driver's license is required;
- COVID-19 vaccination, required.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.