Communications Prof Working Lvl Location:
System Office-Atlanta Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The University System of Georgia (USG) is comprised of 26 higher education institutions as well as the University System Office (USO). Within the USO, our administrative operations are primarily housed in the Trinity Washington Building located in downtown Atlanta. Our Information Technology Services (ITS) division is located in Athens. The University System of Georgia Shared Services Center (SSC) is located in Sandersville. The Georgia Public Library System is located in Atlanta. The Georgia Archives is located in Morrow. The State of Georgia Records Center is located in Austell.
The University System of Georgia (USG) is one of the nation's largest and leading public higher education systems. Governed by the Board of Regents, USG and its 26 public colleges and universities are committed to creating a more educated Georgia prepared for the global, knowledge economy. We do this by increasing degree completion, ensuring academic excellence, spurring research and creativity, driving business creation and making efficient use of resources. Increasing the number of Georgians with a college degree is a top priority of USG and Complete College Georgia. To help achieve this goal, we emphasize accountability, partnerships, performance, value and global competitiveness. Our organizational core values are founded upon the principles of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
This position is responsible for performing assigned communications functions. The position prepares and disseminates information for use with social media, publications, newsletters and press releases as well as to external constituents, local and state media. The position performs routine newswriting, research and fact-gathering, video scripts, letters and correspondence, social media monitoring and content creation, photography, web content management and presentation development.
at least five years of related experience; or equivalent mix of education and experience.
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related area or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Experience in higher education.
- At least five years of experience in marketing, Web, English composition and social media communications or in a related area (including training and experience in writing for the Web using search engine optimization techniques).
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures associated with developing content for the web.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to work confidentially with sensitive information.
- Knowledge of marketing and communication principles.
- Knowledge of graphic design and document layout principles.
- Knowledge of social media communications principles.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of photography, videography and video editing.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Skill in writing for multiple platforms, including video scripts.
- Skill in the development and implementation of communications and marketing strategies.
- Skill in collecting, compiling and reporting on data.
- Skill in decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University System Office is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University System Office to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, ADEA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50).
For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the University System Office Human Resources at 404.962.3242. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact Human Resources.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education