PG191286EPInternal Recruitment :
Call Center ManagerAnticipated Hiring Range:
$58,000 - $60,000Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NC Department :
Technology Support ServicesAbout the Department:
Technology Support Services (TSS) provides a variety of technical support and consulting services for the NC State University campus community. Major service areas include:
Essential Job Duties:
- The NC State University Help Desk provides support desk services for OIT and other campus IT service providers. These services are delivered to all university students, employees, and other affiliates (applicants, retirees, parents, etc.)
- Managed desktop environments for Windows and Macintosh workstations (OIT Managed Desktop)
- Design, implementation, and ongoing support for campus learning spaces (ClassTech)
- Student-focused computing (ResNet, OIT Walk-in Center, student labs, printing)
- IT service management process support and tools (ServiceNow)
- Hosted server and application services
- Support for secure research computing environments
- Enabling services for Windows workstations.
The Call Center Manager position is a member of the NC State University Help Desk team. The position supports the students, faculty, and staff of NC State in their computing and technology endeavors by understanding their needs and developing solutions that work for the campus community. The position will focus on handling IT-related incidents and request fulfillment through phone, email, and other contact methods to the NCSU Help Desk.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes incidents and service requests that are submitted to the Help Desk and resolves/fulfills these requests when possible otherwise escalate as appropriate
- Identifies trends in reported service incidents and escalates them to management or service owner in order to return services to expected service levels
- Integrates technical capabilities and solutions across a broad spectrum of information technology disciplines in order to address the needs of an assigned client base
- Collaborates with engineers or developers to identify system data, hardware, or software components
- Develops system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures
- Ensures compatibility of system components; performs security analyses
- Develops project plans, schedules, or budgets
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Mid-career with Master’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of managing and configuring Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Knowledge of configuring Android and iOS devices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite Apps
- Knowledge of IT Service Management tools
- Verbal and written communication skills for communicating with a broad range of constituents
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Knowledge of university business processes and integration of those processes with IT services and processes.
- Supervisory experience, knowledge of HR business practices regarding temporary employment.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
10/18/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal Emergencies, Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
513001 - Technology Support ServicesAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.