Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-043916 Job Title
Assistant Professor - Art EducationAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
ArtProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Art is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in Art Education, with additional responsibilities in Painting/Drawing. This position will begin August, 2022. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate BFA-Art Education program, including the recruitment and advising of students;
- Supervise Student Teachers;
- Design and implement curriculum for EC-12 Art Educator preparation;
- Teach courses in Painting and/or Drawing;
- Teach courses in other areas of the Art Department, as needed;
- Design, implement, and publish research and creative work;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Oversee curricular matters and update course materials;
- Deliver instruction, primarily at the Commerce campus, but potentially including online and other university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Terminal degree (Ph.D, Ed.D, MFA) in appropriate field. A minimum of 18 hours in Art from an accredited university is required
- Demonstrated experience in EC-12 Art Education
- Evidence of scholarly potential in the field of Art Educator preparation and/or pedagogy
- Evidence of artistic and scholarly potential in Painting and/or Drawing
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
- Other Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
University level teaching experience preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Graduate students, student workers.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.