Pathways to Professional Careers Coordinator/Navigator (Grant FT)
Pathways to Professional Careers Coordinator/Navigator (Grant FT)Department:
: Office of College ServicesAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 8, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed. Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Evening and weekend hours as needed.Salary Grade:
Admin 13 - $46,989Job Category:
Grant Funded Full-TimeJob Slot:
G639Job Open Date:
9/24/2021Job Close Date: General Summary:
Tracks, investigates and resolves information technology service problems.Requirements:
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Education, Psychology, Social Work or a related field. Minimum of two years related experience, preferably in higher education and experience in project design and management of student support services.
Strong knowledge of experiential learning opportunities for students. Good written and verbal communication, organizational skills; ability to work with students, faculty, staff, administration and outside agencies. Good presentation skills; self-motivation; accountable, and ability to provide leadership. Ability to track data and outcomes and present information in compliance with funding agency and partner institutions (CCAC and PPU).Duties:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day, on-campus grant related activities.
2. Partner with Admissions Office to engage prospective students and promote CCAC/PPU partnership.
3. Attend key CCAC events to engage prospective and current students as well as staff and faculty to promote CCAC-PPU partnership and benefits of experiential learning.
4. Travel to college campuses and centers to monitor student progress and arrange support services.
5. Serve as a liaison with Career Services, Counseling, Financial Aid, Supportive Services, Advisement and the Learning Center for Keys program students.
6. Meet with current students to discuss career exploration, short and long-term goals and action planning for career readiness.
7. Encourage current students to enroll in career preparation course to maximize career readiness and preparation for experiential learning programs.
8. Conduct appointments and workshops on interview skills and professional branding via traditional documents and digital media.
9. Assist students in searching for and obtaining Co-op positions.
10. Serve as a program liaison between faculty, students and employers.
11. Maintain accurate record of student contacts, TANF eligibility and academic progress.
12. Coordinate time for students to visit PPU, tour campus, and meet with PPU Co-op Coordinator and PPU Transfer/Career Navigator.
13. Collaborate with CCAC and PPU Marketing team to document and elevate participant success stories.
14. Prepare and submit reports to Point Park University and grant agency.
15. Perform other related duties as required or as assigned. Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=920
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency