Near Completers Navigator (Grant FT)
Near Completers Navigator (Grant FT)Department:
Registration and AdvisementCampus
: College WideAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a grant funded positions. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.Salary Grade:
Admin 10 - $35,765Job Category:
Grant Funded Full-TimeJob Slot:
G648Job Open Date:
9/17/2021Job Close Date: General Summary:
Recruit and provide support to dislocated workers who qualify for the Near Completers Grant to assist students in completing their CCAC credential. Requirements:
Requires bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work or related field and two years social work/case management experience in various environments; experience with students in a post-secondary education institution (preferred). Successful candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills.Duties:
1. Provide social support to students to overcome barriers/challenges to academic success by helping them to identify internal and external resources and navigate various internal processes.
2. Maintain close contact with Partners4Work and PA Career Link to monitor student performance, arrange necessary support services and identify new candidates for the Near Completers
3. Develop, promote and facilitate educational sessions to inform students of services available.
4. Maintain accurate records of interactions with all students and data for internal and external compliance requirements.
5. Initiate and maintain contact with identified students, including regularly-scheduled group and individual meetings, maintaining communication on reporting data to the state.
6. Act as a liaison with Career Services, Counseling, Financial Aid, Student Success Coaches, Supportive Services, Advisement, and the Learning Assistance Centers.
7. Travel to college campuses and centers to monitor student progress and arrange support services.
8. Participate in appropriate professional development activities as well as college meetings and committees.
9. Submit reports and serve on relevant committees as required or requested.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=916
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency