Job Location: Main Campus - Edmond, OK
Position Type: Student
Salary Range: $18.00 - $23.00 Hourly
Hours per Week
10 maximum hrs/wk
This position will teach group exercise classes and must hold a current group fitness certification by a nationally recognized fitness association: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, or equivalent program.
Assist, lead or facilitate a specific program or activity related to recreation or fitness for a group or individual instruction. Ensure information is provided on proper procedures, techniques, and principles on safety, risk management and liability, sport specific rules, and university policy. May assist in ensuring facilities, equipment, and materials for recreational programs are maintained and in good working order.
Employment is per semester. This posting is to create a pool of interested applicants from which the Department may draw as positions become open.
Department Specific Job Functions
Conducts safe, effective and enjoyable exercise classes by providing excellent leadership, up-to-date quality instruction and high-energy motivation for Step, Hi/Low, Hip Hop, Strength Training, Kickboxing, Tai, Chi, Yoga, Pilates, Boot Camp, etc. programs. Posting Notice: This posting is to create a pool of interested applicants from which the Department may draw as positions become open. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Enrollment RequirementsFall/Spring Semesters
: All student employees must be enrolled at least half time to be eligible to work any UCO student position. Half time enrollment for Fall/Spring is considered 5 hours for graduates and 6 hours for undergraduates. International students shall be enrolled full time to be eligible to work as a student worker. Full time enrollment is 9 credit hours for graduates and 12 credit hours for undergraduates. Summer Semester
: All student employees must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours to be eligible to work a regular student position. Students not enrolled in summer classes must be enrolled in Fall classes in order to work on campus, but they (and the department) will be required to pay FICA taxes. Enrollment Exception
: If the number of credit hours needed to graduate is less than the minimum number of hours required to work, the student must obtain a letter from his/her Academic Advisor, stating the number of hours needed to graduate, and submit it to Human Resources. This pertains to both regular and Federal Work Study positions. Contact [email protected]
for more information. Qualifications/Experience Required
- This position will teach group exercise classes and must hold a current group fitness certification by a nationally recognized fitness association: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, or equivalent program
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate exercise physiology principles as related to a well-rounded fitness program. Physically fit to lead class at appropriate level. Ability to develop routines with appropriate music and choreography. Ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and thorough
- Have sensitivity of intercultural communication, and good interpersonal skills
- Current Adult CPR certification required. Current group fitness certification by a nationally recognized fitness association: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, or equivalent program
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.