Faculty - Visual Arts, Digital and Lens Based Media (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking part-time Instructors to teach Digital Design and/or Photography, Videography, or other studio art courses as needed within the AFA program. Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
Potential to teach lecture courses such as Art Appreciation and Art History as needed.
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) or Master’s of Arts in Fine Art (MAFA). Must hold the degree prior to January 1st, 2022.
- The ability to thoroughly teach introductory and intermediate levels of Digital Design using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
- Participating in college email, college and departmental deadlines, and have regular contact with his/her supervisor is required.
- The ability to work closely with other faculty and collaborate on projects is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
- Faculty are expected to have student representation in all art exhibitions.
- Must be able to complete administrative tasks and email on-time.
- Must be able to submit a thorough syllabus and semester course plan for each course taught.
- Must be organized and responsible.
Lib Arts - Fine Arts / Art, Drama, and Music Posting Date::
05/13/2022Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes. Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.