English as a Second Language Instructor (adjunct) Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
ESL Instructor: Part-time or Substitute ESL Instructor. This instructor will teach Survival Skills ESL to adult students. The class location may be in either Rowan or Cabarrus County. The ESL course schedule to be determined by need: morning, afternoon, or evening.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
- Four year degree in education or related field.Desired Education/Experience/Skills::
- ESL teaching experience required.
- Computer skills required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
Familiar with CASAS testing procedures
- Team-player attitude.Department::
- Ability to submit accurate paperwork in a timely manner.
Literacy Work Hours::
11/04/2021Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes. Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.