Job no: 717220
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
Department: Agricultural Technology Institute 10002042
Sub Area: FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary: 28000.00-35000.00 Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: Muskegon, East Lansing
Categories: Agriculture, Fixed Term Academic Staff, 1/2 Time (50-64.9%), Non-Union
This position will provide leadership for the IAT programs located at Muskegon Community College. The current program offering is Agricultural Operations, Food Processing, Technology and Safety, Fruit and Vegetable Crop Management and Landscape Management.
(1) Counseling and advising students
(2) Student recruitment, and internship placement and monitoring
(3) Teaching courses in career development, leadership, communications, internship and other courses in the candidate's area of expertise and/or as needed by the program
(4) Fostering a working relationship with the agricultural industry, high school counselors & teachers, and diverse communities in the service district of West Shore Community College
(5) Evaluation of the programs and curriculum
(6) Working closely with appropriate Departments for program delivery and development
(7) Assisting the with the exploration and development of new off-campus programs in partnership with Muskegon Community College.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Bachelors -Agricultural-related discipline
Masters -Agricultural-related discipline
Bachelor of Science in anagricultural-related discipline
Three years of industry or teaching experience in an agricultural-related field
Experience in program management and evaluation
Masters of Science in an agricultural-related discipline
Experience in recruitment and retention of students
Teaching experience at the secondary level
Agricultural business experience
Skills in career planning and placement
Required Application Materials
Cover letter, CV and 3 letters of recommendation.
To apply for position go to: careers.msu.edu Any questions, please direct them to Dorcia Chaison, Interim Director for IAT at [email protected]
Review of Applications Begins On
MSU is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Jul 22, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 22, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time