Part-Time Instructor (Library and Information Studies) Location:
Valdosta State University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
As a comprehensive institution of the University System of Georgia, Valdosta State University (VSU) is a welcoming, aware, and vibrant community founded on and dedicated to serving our communities’ rich and diverse heritages. Through excellence in teaching, basic and applied research, and service, VSU provides rigorous programs and opportunities that enrich our students, our university, and our region. As such, the VSU mission consists of three interrelated parts that includes a student mission, university mission and regional mission. The university is equally dedicated to the core values of community, including a commitment to practice civility, integrity and citizenship. As members of this community and proud Blazers we strive to uphold these core values for the advancement of the University.
The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise.
This opportunity is within the Library and Information Studies Department. The selected candidate will teach fully online graduate courses in specialized areas of the MLIS curriculum.
Typical Allocation of Duties:
- Master¿s degree in Library and Information Studies or closely related field;
- Evidence of the ability to teach graduate online courses;
- Evidence of expertise in the subject area of specific courses;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
- Documented asynchronous online graduate teaching experience
- Documented work experience in the area of practice covered by the course
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds
Commensurate with experience.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Position May Require Credit Check (if using P-Card, working with Cash, etc.).
Position Requires completion of VSU’s Annual Compliance Training course (such as State Business Transactions, Drug Free Workplace, Anti-Harassment Policy, Introduction to Information Security, Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Policy, USG Ethics Policy, Conflict of Interest/ Outside Activities Policy, Leave Procedures for Faculty and Staff, Georgia Open Records Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Contracts 101. Supervisory positions require training in FMLA and Worker’s Compensation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valdosta State University is an equal opportunity educational institution. It is not the intent of the institution to discriminate against any applicant for admission or any student or employee of the institution based on the age, sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation of the individual.
VSU reserves the right to:
- View social media outlets
- Check references at any point during the search process
- Shut down a posting without additional notification