Assistant/Associate Professor of Advertising (3800)
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University invites applications for an assistant/associate, tenure-track faculty to teach within the Advertising major concentration area, supervise the ISU National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC) team, and maintain an active program of research.
This faculty member will develop and teach three courses per semester such as Media Analytics, Advertising Strategy, and a graduate seminar, among other department offerings. They will act as the faculty mentor for the ISU American Advertising Federation club and the NSAC team as well as oversee the advising and growth of undergraduate majors within the Advertising emphasis. The faculty member is also expected to conduct scholarly research and become an collaborative, engaged member of the department.
The Department of Communication, Media, and Persuasion offers a variety of undergraduate programs ranging from design and public relations to multiplatform journalism and rhetoric, in addition to a Master’s program.
ISU is located in Pocatello, Idaho on the traditional homelands of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribal Nation and boasts many excellent recreational opportunities. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer, ISU has an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and encourages all qualified applications, particularly from individuals who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to the university.
- Ph.D. (or ABD with confirmed completion date before August 2022) in Advertising, Communication, Mass Communications, or related field
- Commitment to undergraduate education in advertising and the communication/media discipline
- Ability to develop and contribute to the existing curriculum at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Evidence of an active record of scholarly research
- Ability to serve as a successful mentor for the AAF club and NSAC team
- Candidates for rank of Associate must also have served a minimum of four years at the Assistant Professor level along with evidence of teaching excellence and scholarly achievement
- Professional experience in advertising or a closely related media field
- Expertise in creative media, social networking, inclusive advertising, consumer engagement, digital trends, and/or social advertising
- Experience supervising NSAC or similar student groups
- Familiarity with online or hybrid teaching methods
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1413?c=isu
Please submit the following to be fully considered:
- Cover letter
- Existing or proposed syllabus
- List of three (3) professional references, including current contact information.
This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to December 1, 2021. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to the Search Chair, Zac Gershberg, at [email protected].
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.