CCGA- Main Campus (Brunswick) Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
About Us Join our Team at the College of Coastal Georgia!Located on the southeast Atlantic coast in Brunswick, midway between Savannah, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida, the College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia with an additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland, Georgia. The College provides an affordable and interactive education in the natural beauty and abundant sunshine of Georgia's Golden Isles, an area noted for world-class golf courses and resorts as well as amazing diversity of maritime habitats, wildlife and sea creatures.Location
Our campus is located at One College Drive Brunswick, GA 31520.
This position assists in the maintenance of campus grounds and landscaping and may assist in event set ups
- Performs laboring work digging ditches, planting and pruning shrubbery, cutting lawns, using hand tools, and power mowers.
- Rakes and loads grass and brush; cleans grounds; waters plants and assists in the caring of shrubs, flowers, and grass.
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls using clippers and edging tools.
- Waters lawns and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler system.
- Occasionally assists with spraying lawns, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer and insecticides.
- May drive a truck and light construction equipment with responsibility for safe and efficient operation.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks, moving furniture, and setting up facilities for special events.
- May assist with simple building maintenance tasks.
- Removes trash from campus areas and empties trash cans on campus.
- Performs related work as required.
- This position is designated by the institution as Essential Personnel.
Other Required Qualifications
-Lift up to 50 lbs.
-This work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending, or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and utilizes the sense of smell.
-The work is typically performed outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
-Must possess a current valid drivers license.
-Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to random drug testing.
-Minimum 6 months of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand safety rules and instructions and to exercise appropriate caution with job-specific hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with the work.
- Operate a variety of standard power and hand tools associated with landscaping and maintaining grounds.
- Ability to steer and drive a commercial lawn mower and perform manual labor such as shoveling, raking, and weed eating for extended periods of time, often under adverse climatic conditions such as extremely hot or cold temperatures or light rain.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (912) 279.5740, or by email at [email protected] For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at [email protected]
Conditions of Employment * Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employmentOffers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the College of Coastal Georgia, as determined by the College of Coastal Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable a satisfactory credit check, Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statues, rules and regulations of this college and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.* College of Coastal Georgia is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free CommunityEqual Employment Opportunity
The College of Coastal Georgia provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need or reasonable accommodations under the American with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-279-5740.