Job location: Greeley, CO Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Are you a current Aims Employee or Student Worker? If so, we need you to apply through your Workday account.
Instructions for Aims Applicants:
Please close this window and log into your Workday account. Apply by using the "Career" application on your home page. If you're a student worker please use "Find Student Jobs" under the "Career" application to apply.
Instructions for all Applicants:
In order to be considered please provide a thorough and complete application.
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Please make sure you state whether work experience (aka work history) is part time or full time employment (full time is 40 or more hours per week).
Be sure to upload all the required documents listed at the bottom of the Job Description. This can be uploaded as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section. If there are missing documents, your incomplete application will not be considered.
Upon hire, all positions at Aims Community College require a criminal background check, and may require a MVR, and/or drug screen. Keep in mind, a conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being employed. The nature of a conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Early College High School program at Aims Community College is a partnership with Greeley District 6. The Early College Academy program gives high school students the opportunity to earn a high school diploma while subsequently earning an Associate of Arts degree. This position will teach CHE 105.
1. Maintain compliance with the provisions of the College’s part-time faculty position description including teaching to develop, implement, evaluate and update the purpose, philosophy, objectives and organizational framework of the program.
2. Maintain compliance regarding all faculty responsibilities enumerated in the College Policies and Procedures.
3. Maintain compliance with the requirements of the Early College assignment, including contract days, work-day schedule, and participating in Early College events such as New Student Orientation, Student Registration, In-Service Days and Parent/Teacher Conferences as specified in the Early College Faculty contract addendum.
4. Support comprehensive and competent student academic advising, as assigned.
5. Provide effective and high quality instruction in all levels of course offerings by continually refining and modernizing curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and meets the high standards of the College.
6. Design, implement, and evaluate curriculum using written plans.
7. Post and maintain teaching and office hour schedules.
8. Use alternative delivery technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning.
9. Embrace and apply the provisions of the institutional Mission, Vision and Philosophy.
10. Apply learning-centered educational practices such as creating and communicating clearly defined outcomes for student learning.
11. Participate in assessment of student learning outcomes.
12. Teach at any Early College location as assigned.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in Chemistry or a closely related subject with 18 graduate hours in Chemistry.
2. Evidence of ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
3. K-12 teaching experience
1. Experience with concurrent enrollment or dual enrollment programs
2. Experience using technology in the classroom, or teaching online
Copy of Transcripts
Curriculum VitaePlease Note: All required documents can be uploaded in the “my experience” section of the application under Required Documents.
Minimum Payment Amount:
C – Lecture – $1,148.00 per credit
D – Recitation: Discussion/Seminar – $1,148.00 per credit
E – Laboratory/Career and Technical – $1,252.00 per credit
F1 – Laboratory: Academic – $1,382.00 per credit
F2 – Laboratory: Academic – $1,565.00 per credit
G – Physical Education/Recreation Courses – $1,382.00 per credit
H – Studio: Art – $1,382.00 per credit
J – Studio: Music – $1,469.00 per credit
L2 – Clinical or Internship Instructor On-Site – $1,382.00 per credit
L3 – Clinical or Internship Rad Tech – $2,694.00 per credit
L4 – Clinical or Internship Nursing - $2,815.00 - $3,127.00 per credit based on employee’s highest applicable degree
M2 – Clinical or Internship Instructor On-Site - $1,382.00 per credit
M3 – Clinical or Internship Nursing and/or Nurse Aide (Health/Nurse Aide) - $1,877.00 - $2,085.00 per credit, based on employee’s highest applicable degree
In certain instances, due to low enrollment, instructors payment will be based on part-time per credit pay and pro-rated on a 10% per student basis.
Employees in these positions may be asked to participate in temporary assignments lasting less than 6 months (such as curriculum development, short term projects, meetings and substitute duties) which could amount to additional temporary pay.
Pay Rate Type:
Part-time employees also receive some benefits depending on the number of hours worked.
- Tuition waiver for employee on Aims courses
- Access to the PERC (Aims gym) for employee & one guest
- Aims Discount program
- Free parking on all campuses
- PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits)
- Additional supplemental benefits & retirement programs available
If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following, if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements
• Diversity Statement; see below
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only)
• Copy of Transcripts for all positions. Official transcripts will be required if hired
Diversity Statement Instructions
Aims Community College recognizes and celebrates diversity within our students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to equity and inclusion to improve the learning experiences of all students and the working conditions of all employees.
In your diversity statement, please provide your interpretation of what it means to serve a diverse community and work in an inclusive environment.
Please include specific examples for how your background, education, and/or professional experience have prepared you to fulfill those responsibilities in this position.
As you consider what to put in your statement, please note Aims Community College is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, or any other protected class.
Faculty: Must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
If you have been an Aims Community College Faculty and have transcripts on file, then a new official copy is not required.
Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or veteran's status. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted and become the property of Aims Community College. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews. The goal of Aims Community College is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired, you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.