Program Specialist RC6Position Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The SERVE Center at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) is a university-based research, development, dissemination, evaluation, and technical assistance center. Its mission is to support and promote teaching and learning excellence in the education community. Recently, SERVE Center was awarded $16M from the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education to operate the Region Six Comprehensive Center (R6CC) to provide intensive, capacity-building services to Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.Position Summary:
The Program Specialist position will be responsible for assisting with capacity building efforts across the three R6CC states, including: designing and implementing professional development and training experiences, assisting with the development of products to disseminate research-based information, assisting with State projects, and providing technical assistance to SEAs and LEAs.Minimum Qualifications:
The Program Specialist will be expected to have experience working in K-12 education; strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; comfort with educational research; demonstrated technical assistance ability; and knowledge and experience working with diverse communities and settings.
This position will be a full-time employee of the Region Six Comprehensive Center at the SERVE Center at UNC-Greensboro and will be based at the SERVE office located in Browns Summit, NC.
- Masters Degree in educational field, with three (3) or more years progressively responsible educational experience.
- General knowledge of implementing federally-funded programs to support K-12 education, including SEAs, LEAs, and schools.
- Experience with supporting low-performing, high-poverty, and/ or rural school initiatives and efforts.
- Experience in researching, writing, and editing publications.
- Experience in meeting planning and facilitation.
- Experience in developing materials and products for training and professional development offerings, and for broad dissemination.
- Experience in the use of technology to support communication (e.g., websites, listservs) and virtual professional learning (e.g., webinars, online communities).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and other applications for developing and preparing materials for meetings, professional learning events, and online and print publications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team of colleagues.
- Sensitivity in working with diverse groups.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Commensurate with ExperienceOrg #-Department:
SERVE - 12004Job Open Date:
11/01/2021Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Support capacity building efforts across R6CC statesEssential Tasks:
Responsibilities include collaborating with SEA Principal Liaisons and other service providers to develop and deliver materials for Technical Assistance activities, meetings, conference presentations, and training and professional development events; and assisting with scheduling venues and planning events. Percentage Of Time:
Assist with research on relevant topics as identified by SEA services staff. Responsibilities include assisting with conducting readiness assessments/needs assessments (e.g., focus groups, interviews, surveys) at the school, district, or SEA level and summarizing data; conducting literature searches; assisting with compilation and analysis of research information and synthesizing for reports, training materials, or publications.Percentage Of Time:
Support of virtual technical assistance and communication activities (e.g., webinars, virtual communities)Essential Tasks:
Responsibilities include assisting with managing technologies; organizing events and coordinating with subject matter experts; and collecting attendance and satisfaction data.Percentage Of Time:
Other DutiesEssential Tasks:
Other duties as assigned.Physical Effort:
Reading - F, Writing - F, Hearing - F, Talking - FWork Environment:
Inside - F