Wright State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice President, Enrollment Management and Chief Recruitment Officer. In keeping with the mission of an innovative regional public university and one known for transforming the lives of the students served, the new Vice President, Enrollment Management and Chief Recruitment Officer (CRO) is responsible for growing enrollment that aligns with and reflects the University’s mission and overall strategic plan. The CRO must be a strategic thinker, adept at data management, knowledgeable in higher education marketing, collaborative in developing team-focused, data-driven approaches to problem solving, and possess strong quantitative skills. The CRO will take ownership, working in concert with the senior leadership team, for undergraduate recruitment, admissions, University Center for International Education, transfer student recruitment, college credit plus, financial aid and marketing.
Inspired by the Wright brothers but designed for the world, the groundwork for Wright State University was laid over 50 years ago when Dayton’s emergence as a technology center created a critical need for an increasingly educated work force and research enterprise. When Wright State achieved its status as an accredited independent university in 1967, 3,203 students were enrolled. Wright State University now serves over 12,000 unique students annually and offers more than 315 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and professional degree programs through five colleges and two schools. Located in the city of Fairborn in Greene County, Ohio, Wright State is conveniently situated adjacent to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) and is less than 10 miles from downtown Dayton. In addition, Wright State University– Lake Campus is a university-operated regional campus on the shores of Grand Lake St. Marys in Celina, Ohio. The Wright State alumni community is more than 114,000 strong.
- Master’s degree in college student personnel, educational leadership, organizational development or related field and seven (7) years of professional experience in managing higher education recruitment/marketing initiatives and/or enrollment management.
- Understanding of and experience with current market trends in higher education with superior knowledge of enrollment management practices.
- Knowledge of strategic institutional branding and marketing.
- Proven record of strong and effective leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity.
- Exceptional understanding of how to utilize social media best practices for campus recruiting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to cultivate and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and/or experience recruiting in Raider Country-the contiguous 16-county region in Ohio anchored by our two campuses.
- Knowledge of State of Ohio Higher Education policies, procedures, guidelines.
Please submit applications at https://jobs.wright.edu/postings/16503 by November 12, 2021 for first consideration. Virtual interviews will be held on Monday, November 29, 2021. Applications should include a letter of interest addressing the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, resume, and the names and contact information of at least 3 professional references. For additional information regarding Wright State University, please visit http://www.wright.edu. For statements of Mission, Vision, and Values of the university, visit https://www.wright.edu/about/mission-vision-and-values . Wright State University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is committed to an inclusive environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.