The College of Health & Human Services invites applications for the position of Dean. The Dean will lead the academic college and a faculty who are passionate about their students and committed to innovation. The College of Health & Human Services was created in 2018 to house both allied health programs and human services programs across campus. The College is comprised of five departments (Communication Disorders & Sciences; Kinesiology, Sport, & Recreation; Public Health & Nutrition; Human Services; and Military Science) and a School of Nursing. The Dean is expected to balance the need to strategically identify new program opportunities and advocate for continued investment in existing academic programs.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A terminal degree with a record of teaching, research, service, and expertise appropriate for a tenured faculty appointment in an academic department within the College
- At least five years of increasingly progressive administrative duties including three years as a department chairperson or higher
- A record of collaboration across academic departments and disciplines
- Experience with and commitment to discipline and profession-specific accreditation
- An appreciation for and understanding of the unique role of a regional comprehensive institution situated in east-central Illinois
- A commitment to advancing the mission of the college through fundraising and expanded external relationships with community and industry partners
- A demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence and diversity
Applicants must submit all materials at http://apply.interfolio.com/97987. Questions about the application process should be directed to Mr. Brad Tolppanen, Academic Affairs, 217-581-2121, [email protected].
Enrolling more than 8,600 students, Eastern Illinois University is a regional comprehensive institution offering a diverse array of undergraduate degree programs and more than 30 graduate degree programs, as well as ten post-baccalaureate certificate programs. Eastern has consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top regional comprehensive residential campus in Illinois and prepares more undergraduates who go on to earn doctoral degrees than any other master's college/university in Illinois, according to a recent National Science Foundation survey. In addition to ranking first in the state, the NSF surveys ranks EIU in the top 5 percent nationwide.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with priority given to applications received prior to Friday December 17, 2021.