Search #: 495813JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Information Technology
Working under the direction of the Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO) in the Division of Information Technology Services (ITS), the Executive Assistant to the Vice President and CIO is a key member of the CIO’s Office, performing a wide range of confidential administrative and office management activities. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary scheduler for the CIO and coordinates all aspects of their scheduling commitments, serves as a central point of coordination for the CIO’s Office activities, and is a valued member of the CIO’s senior leadership team.
In addition to providing primary administrative support to the Office of the CIO, the Executive Assistant provides general administrative and project support for key information technology initiatives in support of the University’s Information Technology Strategic Plan. The person in this position is expected to possess an advanced level of organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. This is a confidential staff position expected to maintain positive public relations, serve as an essential point of contact for the Office of the CIO, and exhibit discretion, sound judgement, and acumen in obtaining and providing information.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works collaboratively and in a team-based environment with the CIO’s directors and managers as a strategic member of the CIO’s senior leadership team.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and students for the Office of the CIO. This includes office personnel that directly support ITS directors and are responsible for maintaining the reception area of the TAB building, including greeting guests and visitors, answering telephones appropriately, and responding appropriately to Office of the CIO and director’s emails.
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the CIO’s schedule, including routine and complex scheduling commitments. Prepares meeting agendas, independently manages and/or responds to incoming mail and messages, prepares, composes or edits correspondence or reports for the CIO’s review, and tracks items for follow-up. Coordinates with University departments regarding the CIO’s participation in University events, and supports scheduling needs as appropriate.
- Participates in the CIO’s IT governance groups and may support groups in a notetaking capacity in meetings.
- Performs office manager duties; undertakes and/or directs the workflow and processing of administrative forms, documents, and reports. Resolves administrative problems. Ensures the accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable policies and practice of all work leaving the office.
- Coordinates all aspects of relevant logistics and programming for events, programs, and projects as defined in the Vice President and CIO’s portfolio. Logistics include travel arrangements and reimbursements for guests, event planning, scheduling of committee meetings, development of proposals, and other activities, as needed.
- Provides search committee support in the recruitment and hiring of the CIO’s direct reports. May participate in collective bargaining discussions and confidential disciplinary actions as needed for the division.
- Serves as a principal source of information for the Office of the CIO, diplomatically and effectively delivering information and providing resources to administrators, faculty, staff, students, and external constituents, as needed.
- Provides oversight of process and documentation for Appropriate Use investigations handled by the ITS Division. Works collaboratively with investigatory staff to ensure materials are handled securely and appropriately.
- Assists in the management and tracking of the CIO’s correspondence and routine communications to internal and external constituents. Manages staff responsible for drafting and disseminating correspondence on behalf of the CIO and ITS. May be responsible for updating and managing website content, as well as reviewing for consistency.
- Maintains and coordinates a repository for Office of the CIO procedural records and documentation, both in physical and online formats. May compile and assemble data of a complex or confidential nature and may prepare and submit information to aid in strategic decision making. Such records may include office and building diagrams related to staff in various ITS locations and coordination of ITS employee relocations, as needed.
- Develops and continually refines internal operating practices and procedures to improve efficiency and quality, directly affecting the operation of the division. May be responsible for reviewing the work of others for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Contributes to the overall staff support of the Office of the CIO, assisting staff colleagues as needed, such as event, program, and project support, or scheduling for the ITS Leadership Team in the absence of colleagues supporting those positions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of professional experience in an administrative capacity, with demonstrated progression in responsibilities and duties.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Proven business acumen commensurate with the needs of an executive office including the ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement to resolve complex issues, and prioritize routine and high-level tasks and demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish relationships with a variety of constituents on behalf of an executive administrator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Five or more years of administrative experience supporting an executive administrator, providing direct and autonomous program support, managing projects to completion, or in a related administrative capacity.
- Proficiency with virtual meeting platforms (WebEx and MS Teams) and advanced proficiency in Outlook and other scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of premiere customer service.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495813 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 11, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Dec 28 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 11 2022 Eastern Standard Time