Athletic Accounting Associate
Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Department of Athletics is seeking an experienced Accounting Associate to join our team with the opportunity for growth and expansion, while working with administrative units and varsity programs as well as other university departments and partners, suppliers, and service providers. You will be working cohesively and collaboratively with department administration by initiating and monitoring all financial transactions related to various sport programs and administrative units. These include expense reports, purchase orders, p-card transactions, travel card transactions, etc. In addition, you will provide support for other financial functions for these programs such as reporting and resolving other business inquiries. Your responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Using multiple University financial systems, you will initiate financial transactions for the Stanford Golf Course and various varsity sport programs.
- Monitor and follow up on transactions with internal and external vendors, DAPER administrators, coaches, staff, University accounts payable, travel and reimbursement, procurement, etc. to ensure all transactions are fully completed in a timely manner. Using resources to resolve follow up questions.
- Answer questions from budget managers and other stakeholders regarding expense details as requested, including running reports in the OBI Reporting System.
- Assist with general analysis of DAPER expenditures, including preparing periodic reports.
- Serve as the custodian and verifier of department Purchasing Cards (P-Card) and Travel Cards.
- Assist with managing the IT Procurement responsibilities for the department cell phones and computing equipment.
- Provide general support to the accounting and finance area, including management of blanket purchase orders, invoice and vendor statement distribution and reconciliation, central iJournals for month end and year end, etc.
- Serve as back-up for other Accounting Associates as necessary.
- Assist with other administrative responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
In addition, our preferred qualifications include:
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years' work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a customer service orientation, sound judgment, and an attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a busy work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- A basic understanding of finance and accounting principles.
- An understanding of/experience with the University's financial systems (Oracle Financials) or other similar systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2601848
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency