Coordinator, URI Launch LabPosition Number:
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level:
7Pay Grade Range:
$41,914 - $62,213Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, LimitedDepartment:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoExtension Contingency Notes:
Position is full-time calendar year, limited to 06/30/2022 with anticipated renewal.Job Description Summary:
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 15, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by November 30, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (November 30, 2021) may not be given full consideration.Duties and Responsibilities:
BASIC FUNCTION: Assist with the execution of Launch Lab programs, recruitment, and logistics while coordinating administrative functions and processes. Manage multiple simultaneous projects, while supervising a team of student employees and volunteers. Manage Launch Lab’s workshops, meetings, and other programming as needed. Ensure smooth operations of all Launch Lab scheduling, activities, and student engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Support the execution of new events and programs involving student-focused project development, collaboration, and innovation. Maintain semester events and programs calendar and contribute to activities and agendas. Support the development and execution of Summer and Winter J-term programs. Coordinate development of branding, marketing, and communication for Launch Lab through the website, social media accounts, and monthly newsletters. Manage the administrative functions of the office, including but not limited to the daily management of the Launch Lab main email, Google Drive, meeting schedules, correspondence, website, and community calendar updates. Maintain Launch Lab contact lists, organize and update as needed. Supervise undergraduate students working with Launch Lab and lead student employee training programs. Required Qualifications:
Lead weekly full team meetings and assist in preparing materials needed for meetings, presentations, interviews, etc. Develop relationships across the University to help promote Launch Lab’s digital media presence. Work closely with student organizations, academic departments, and URI partners such as other units within the URI Libraries, Foundation and Alumni Engagement, Center for Career & Experiential Education, Multicultural Student Services Center, etc. to execute programs, workshops, and project development opportunities for students from all disciplines. Connect with external partners in the larger innovation ecosystem on programs and networking, such as RIHUB, URI Research Foundation, URI Foundation and Alumni Engagement, Social Enterprise Greenhouse, MassChallenge, Venture Café, CIC. Form strong working relationships with students, faculty, and alumni from diverse backgrounds. Be responsible for the operational aspects of Launch Lab, including scheduling of the facility, student staff work schedules, and facility tours. Attend Launch Lab programs and provide logistical support. Stay up to date on University-wide events, campaigns, and programs to better inform Launch Lab programming.
Work occasional weekends and evenings as needed. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform other duties as assigned/requested. LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Personal computer and printers; word processing, database management, spreadsheet and presentation software. Social media. Microsoft Office.
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Minimum two years’ experience in event and program coordination.
3. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
4. Demonstrated computer skills (G-Suite, Zoom, Microsoft Office, etc.)
5. Demonstrated professional social media experience (account management, design of flyers, graphics & marketing materials, etc.)
6. Demonstrated website and contact list management skills.
7. Demonstrated presentation skills (lead meetings, create agendas, etc.)
8. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment.
11. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Demonstrated experience in Wordpress, Constant Contact, Slack, Hootsuite, Trello, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite.
2. Demonstrated understanding of the innovation process and exposure to the local innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________ ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
11/01/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document – References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).